Having realised that our fair city of Nottingham is home to lots of talented people, a particularly alluring basement club named Bar None, and the highest percentage of people with asymmetrical fringes in the known world, those lovely people at WeLoveGoodBanter are combining these forces for good as they host a massive charity gig.

All the money raised is going to Diabetes UK, specifically towards Nottingham homegirl Sarah Morley and the rest of the Diabetes UK London Marathon team. Fast becoming a local legend, Notts graduate and former Impacter, Julian Guidetti will kick off the evening with his own inimitable Devendra Banhart-esque acoustic folk, to be followed by open mic hero Will Jeffery’s raspy Johnny Cash blues, and the infamous Last of the Real Hard Men.

Regarding Frank, Manchester’s best indie funk band, will be tripping across the Peaks to entertain us with the power of their mojo, while Swound! take a well earned break from record labels hounding them with million pound contracts and BBC Radio DJs desperate to record them at Maida Vale, to play some rousing rock.

What better way to raise money for charity than by enjoying some hip tunes and groovy beats at one of the Lace Market’s hottest bars? Don’t miss out on the chance to embrace both philanthropy and funk in this perfect end-of-term celebration on Thursday March 23rd. Doors 7.30pm til 2am. Tickets £4 on the door.

For more info and to listen to some of the bands playing on the night, check out this site.

Ceri Gorton

Radio Soulwax to hit Notts

Juice DJ Competition