After last year’s massively successful Bank Holiday all-nighter it was difficult to imagine how Detonate might top such an ear popping line up, yet they appear to have done just that as they stage an indoor festival which embraces a kaleidoscope sounds.

Yet with over 40 acts on the bill it’s going to be a hard task deciding who to see, so for the benefit of those of you who might otherwise spend the night dithering on the stairs, all wobbly-chinned the following come highly recommended:

Brazil’s DJ Marky (undoubtedly the most entertaining DnB mixologist on the planet), US block party revivalists Ugly Duckling and Swedish techno-obermeister Adam Beyer all guarantee stunning performances.

Big Daddy Kane, one of the original pimp-persona rap artists makes his first appearance in the city for 20 years. Surge your way to the front and savour a slice of hip-hop history.

“Planet Pendulum’s” Abelton Live set which thumbs its nose to scene neck-deep in vinyl purism. Whether or not DnB artists can use this technology to the same effect that their counterparts in the house and techno have over the last few years remains to be seen. Exciting boundary breaking stuff or over-hyped toss that could just as easily have been achieved with two turntables and a pre-amp? – You decide!

Phil Kieran, Belfast’s most explosive export since the Provisional IRA whose last performance for Firefly in 2004 literally tore the Garvey a new ass. Expect everything from mental early 90’s techno to bang-up-to-date house/breaks.

And finally, Kode 9, whose contributions to the emergent dubstep scene alongside Massive Attack’s Daddy Gee cannot go unnoticed by anyone with an ear for cutting edge sonics. Trust us- the dubstep sound is so fresh, the dubplates double up as Glade plug-ins.

A Fresh Two Years, Same Old NUS Presidency

Less Than Jake (Rock City)