AUGUST 10th – 12th 2007
ROUGHAM FIELD, NR BURY ST EDMONDS, SUFFOLK

arrrg baaah

Human Zoo is a new and exciting electronic music and arts festival for the East of England that aims to bring a friendly and intimate house party feel infused with a sprightly summer festival vibe. The three day outdoor party sees three music tents, hosted by the award winning club brand Spectrum, London’s warehouse sensation Slaang and Leeds institution Technique, who will each provide some of the UK’s and world’s most exciting and upfront live acts and DJs. The line up is as strong and varied as you’ll see for a small scale festival in its first year, and encompasses some of today’s best electronic advocates, from deep house and techno, over to drum and bass, breaks, beats, hip-hop, electro, not forgetting a slice of indie, folk and jazz, and so much more across three glorious days, nestled in the beautiful east of England, right between Cambridge and Ipswich, and only 45 minutes from London.

As well as the three main music arenas there will be an acoustic band stand, Spitfire air display, fireworks, entertainers, healing fields, children’s activities and entertainment, chill out tent, art gallery, saunas and hot tubs, Bedouin cinema and an art gallery all on a fantastic site just a couple of miles outside Bury St Edmonds in Suffolk, East Anglia. More details of exactly what will be happening in the arts festival side of Human Zoo will be coming shortly.

The first event for Human Zoo, originally conceptualised by teenagers Tom Notley and Dan Soler, has Pete Jordan (of Spectrum fame) curating the overall programming of the event, and together they feel they are the cusp of something special. With all other festivals in the UK having thrown their hats into the ring, so to speak, Human Zoo comes through a little late but all the better for it. Seeking to foster a new kind of festival environment, with as much music as there is traditional festival activity to engage in, Human Zoo represents a left of centre philosophy far away from the more obvious events.

More information on Human Zoo is to come shortly.

The Lineup

The 5000 capacity event has the following acts already confirmed with more still to be added.

Just confirmed:
Kid Creole and the Coconuts!

Plus:

DJ Yoda (Live A/V Set)
Coldcut: Journeys By VJ
Pendulum (DJ Set)
Black Strobe (Live)
Scratch Perverts
Stanton Warriors
Plump DJs
Atomic Hooligan (Live)
Shy FX
Altern8
Evil Nine
Pete Jordan
Tayo
Lisa Lashes
DJ Food & DK
Utah Saints
Bodyrox (DJ set)
Noisia
Drumattic Twins
Jo Jo De Freq
Filthy Dukes
Inxec
Nightmoves
Riotous Rockers
Beat Vandals
Hexadecimal
DJ Hal & emceeKilla
SPMC
Japanese Popstars (Live)
Drum Monkeys
Vigi
Bobby M
Robin Porter
Dave Martin
Michael Morph
Delirium Funk (Live)
Transit Mafia, Jurassik
Fenech-Soler (Live)
Old Boyz
Jonny Millward
Welfare for the Digital
And more TBC

Ticket Info:
Early bird tickets: £75 plus booking fee (limited amounts on sale now)
Normal tickets: £90 plus booking fee
Camping and parking including in ticket price

Tickets by telephone:
Alt-Tickets – 0871 3100000

Online:
www.humanzooevents.co.uk
www.alt-tickets.co.uk

Local Outlets:
A list can be found at www.humanzooevents.co.uk

About Impact 06/07

Jack and Jill at New Theatre