The University of Nottingham has gained its own television station. The new station aims to be up-and-running from the beginning of the autumn semester and will initially only be available online, although the hope is to broadcast it on screens round campus in the future. It will showcase the many student events which happen over the year whilst also allowing students to demonstrate their creative skills in programmes such as cookery shows.

The station is currently called NUTS (Nottingham University Television Station) but an election will be held to determine its official name. It will be based in the Portland Building but will move to the Kings Meadow Campus to use the broadcasting facilities. The organisers at the station hope to hold careers talks for people interested in getting involved in the media, from people such as the Director for Television for Channel Four.
Elle Hosie, SRS officer, expressed her excitement about the new television station saying, “it offers a wide variety of opportunities for its members and is an opportunity for more people to get involved in student media, whilst also being another service through which the Union and the university can communicate with its whole membership”.

Anyone interested in any aspect of working in television, including scripting, editing and research, should email sutelevision@nottingham.ac.uk
By Heather Saxton

Legal poker club to open in Lenton

University seeks new Vice-Chancellor