Out with the old, in with the new… Impact needs editors for 2008/09

———————————-
1. Elections and Nominations
———————————-

ANY student can apply to be an editor at Impact Magazine regardless of experience!

Do you think you’d do a good job or know anyone who could? NOMINATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE HERE and in print form outside the Impact Office, along with our constitution, which explains the responsibility of each position at the magazine.

ELECTIONS WILL TAKE PLACE WEDNESDAY 30th APRIL AT OUR 3RD ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – ATTENDANCE IS COMPULSORY FOR ALL EDITORS!

All nominations must be left in the slot provided on the door of the Impact office, the deadline for nominations to be submitted is 5pm on Monday April 27th.

THE POSITIONS AVAILABLE ARE-
Senior Editorial

Editor-In-Chief
Editor
Managing Editor
Associate Managing Editor
Design Editor
Associate Editors (x3)

General Editorial

Associate Design Editor (x2)
Web Editor
Image Editor (x2)
News Editors (x3)
Sports Editors (x2)
Travel Editors (x2)
Fashion Editors (x2)
Arts Editors (x2)
Film Editors (x2)
Music Editors (x2)
Science Editors (x2)
Nights Editors (x3)
Publicity Officer

———
2. AGM
———

As aforementioned the AGM will be on the 30th of April, please free this date in your diary now, and inform me if you cannot attend.

Senior Editorial Positions may make a speech of up to two minutes duration.
General Editorial Positions may make a speech of up to one minute.

For advice and details on election speeches please email [email protected] or ask one of your section editors who will be happy to advise you.
All current editors must be re-elected into their position if they wish to maintain them next year.

Schedule for Wednesday 30th April

===Impact Office===
* 1pm – Intro, free food, constitution changes & questions.
* 1.30pm – Senior Editor Position Elections (this being Editor-In-Chief, Editor, Managing Editor and Design Editor)
* 2.00pm – Associate Editor Elections and Associate Managing Editor Elections.

=====MOOCH=====
* 2.30pm – BREAK / BIT O’ BOOZE IN MOOCH

===Trent LG19===
? 3.15pm – General Editor Elections
? 5.00pm – ESTIMATED FINISH

* 8.00pm – Dinner for the new and old teams in town
* 9.30pm – (Hardcore?) Drinking
* 11.30pm – Regrettable incidents etc…

As you can see it’s an action packed day, but crucially ATTENDANCE IS ONLY COMPULSORY FROM 1.00 pm to 2.30pm, we hope this will make the whole affair far less stressful! But please stay and support the officers running and vote if you are able to stay.

If you CANNOT attend the elections because of year abroad/ chronic illness/ work experience then you are still allowed, nay, encouraged to run. Write out a speech and nominate someone to read it for you. Many people have been elected this way, regardless of attendance so please don’t worry if you really can’t make it.

PLEASE NOTE:
The constitutional changes laid out at the Managing Editor elections still apply.
The only change made will be the provisional removal of the Deputy Editor position, to be replaced by Editor-In-Chief and Editor.
Please note, Editor-In-Chief will now be a content-based role as the administrative duties once performed by the Editor-In-Chief will now be performed by the Managing Editor.
The Editor is a supportive role to the Editor-In-Chief.
There will also be a second Science Editor position available.
We are abolishing the role of Media Manager, as this will be taken over by the Associate Managing Editor.

All constitutional changes will be made clear on April 30th.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

—————
3. Handovers
—————

Contributors – if you’re interested in finding out how to run a section, simply ask one or all of its Editors, they’ve got the election experience. This is the time of year Editors should be planting seeds for the new crop of student journalists, so they will be happy to help!

TO VOTE YOU MUST HAVE WRITTEN/ DESIGNED AT LEAST THREE ARTICLES FOR IMPACT THIS YEAR. SO GET CRACKING FOR THE BUMPER ISSUE!

TO BE ELECTED THERE ARE NO PREREQUISITES, BUT IF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN INVOLVED IN IMPACT BEFORE, YOU WILL PROBABLY BE ASKED ABOUT THIS AFTER YOUR SPEECH.

Hope to see you all there.

Masses of love x

Half a Heartbeat & The Dragon Botherers @ New Theatre

Mark Watson @ Lakeside