Arts Organisation, 21 Station Street
www.theartorganisation.co.uk
Opening in 2007, this derelict warehouse has been renovated into a non profit arts space offering a gallery and cafe during the day. It is also becoming a popular venue with DIY promoters. Last year Gringo Records 10th anniversary was held here with Part Chimp, Bilge Pump and Souvaris.

The Bodega Social Club, 23 Pelham Street
www.thebodegasocialclub.co.uk
This is an intimate venue with a pleasant bar downstairs to relax in if you get too hot whilst pulling those er…shapes? The Bodega puts on an eclectic mix of bands and club nights, anything from grime to indie pop. Be sure to bring your skinny jeans and messy hair-do, eyeliner, pocket watch and remember to stick with the white wine.

Up and Coming:
PIVOT – 2nd October
Hot club de Paris – 7th October
Holy Fuck – 15th October

Junktion 7, 6 Ilkeston Road
www.junktion7.co.uk
Situated just outside of Nottingham city centre in Canning Circus, which is near to Lenton. You’re more likely to find metal/rock or punk bands, so be prepared for some loud music and heavy guitars

Up and Coming:
Sonic Boom Six – 1st October
Raging Speedhorn – 24th October

Lee Rosy’s, 17 Broad Street
www.lee-rosy.co.uk
A quirky tea rooms in Hockley with a large selection of teas and cakes. It’s also one of Nottingham’s smaller venues where you can catch some quiet, gentile, je ne sais quoi music during the evenings whilst sipping some tea and nibbling on some carrot cake. The likes of Slow Club, Library Tapes and Plinth have played here.

Up and Coming:
Anni Rossi – 15th October

The Maze, 257 Mansfield Road
www.themazerocks.com

260 capacity venue, good for intimate gigs as the stage is pretty small there. Still, it offers a range of established and emerging musicians from a variety of musical genres. Pretty chilled out atmosphere where you can often discover some real talent.

Up and coming:
Preston Reed – 5th October
Bison – 17th October

The Old Angel, 7 Stoney Street

www.theoldangel.co.uk

Located in the heart of Hockley, the Old Angel is a traditional, down to earth english pub serving up good pub grub and an array of underground hardcore and punk bands. So once you’ve had enough of the Baywatch theme tune and the fancy, yuppie-chic bars that you’ve been subjected to during fresher’s week, why don’t you go and listen to some REAL music and remind yourself you’re a real man.

Up and coming:

Cybercide – 27th Sept
Orange Goblin – Fri 10th October
The Hip Priests: 11th October

Rescue Rooms, Masonic Place
www.rescuerooms.com

Just next door to Stealth, with a pleasant courtyard where you can sit and look ‘cool’ with a cigarette and smudged eye make-up at 3 in the morning, staring (to the point where it’s just embarrassing) at that awkward indie boy who is probably in ‘the band’. More to the point, Rescue Rooms is a medium size venue that puts on a great selection of popular bands with a great bar too, serving fine pub food and excellent music.

Up and coming:
The Automatic – 4th October
Bromhead’s Jacket – 6th October
CSS – 13th October.

Rock City, 8 Talbot Street
www.rock-city.co.uk

Voted the UK’s best live venue, this is one of Nottingham’s bigger venues hosting everything from the biggest metal bands to NME favourites. You should bare in mind the sticky floors, the fact you may need to drink a lot to have a good time and the drunk ugly girls everywhere who will try and kiss you with their drunken lipstick stained lips.

Up and coming:
Enter Shikari – 4th October
MGMT – 6th November

Elise Laker

Impact's guide to Nottingham's Theatre's

DHP Group – Leading Nottingham’s music scene

1. January 9, 2011 at 12:49 — Reply

Have a book that I would like you to review photographs of bands solo artists most were taken in Nottingham.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1882354