So your parents are coming to visit and want to take you out for a meal. You spy the ideal opportunity to take advantage of the fact that they haven’t seen their darling child for quite some time and will want to treat you a little. Fed up with microwave meals and often inedible hall dinners, you’re looking forward to finally eating food which is appetising (and even more importantly, which you won’t have to pay for!) But where to take them? Well look no further, because we’ve found some fantastic places. So read below and then go eat to your heart’s content!

Fashion @ 10, Middle Pavement

The Lace Market is full of great places to eat and Fashion is one of those. Situated between the entrance of the Broadmarsh centre and the Jazz Cafe, Fashion is a very inviting and sophisticated place to take your parents whilst showing them the more attractive parts of Nottingham. The layout and decoration of the restaurant, including a long cocktail bar, is stylish and modern. Fashion’s menu caters for even the fussiest person by providing a ‘light lunch’ menu as well as a wide range of pasta dishes and typically English main courses like fish and chips and bangers and mash, which are fairly priced between £10 and £18. Mums and daughters will love the choice of over 40 cocktails, while fathers and sons will enjoy the selection of over 12 different beers. All in all Fashion offers friendly and attentive service, which helps make it a great place to enjoy a catch up with your family.

Strada @ The Cornerhouse
Situated in the centre of town in the Cornerhouse (round the corner from Wagamamas), Strada is an ideal place to take your parents when they come to visit. The layout and setting is modern and contemporary and provides a relaxing atmosphere for a catch up with the family. Strada also offers two lunches for the price of one for students during the week which represents great value for money. The menu itself has an authentic Italian structure (i.e. antipasti, starter, main and dessert) and is affordable with an average main course costing around £12-£13. Personally I would recommend the pizzas, which were big and reasonably priced at around £9. There is also a large and varied wine list for your parents to choose from, which accompanied with friendly and pleasant service, makes Strada well worth a visit.

Seb Walke & Ed Davidson

The Bar Fact File

Not So Much Bingo Wing As Bingo WIN