Kick back in your garden, chill out in the sunshine (hopefully), and fire-up that BBQ. With a burnt burger in one hand, all you need is a cocktail in the other. Here are a few favourite recipes to get you through the BBQ season:
1 measure white rum
1 measure amaretto
½ measure blue Curaçao
½ measure pineapple juice
1. Shake everything but the soda water together over ice
2. Pour into a glass and top up with the soda water (don’t dilute too much)
Sex on the Beach:
1 measure peach schnapps
1 measure vodka
2 measures orange juice
3 measures cranberry and peach juice
ice cubes and crushed ice
dash of lemon juice
(orange peel for decoration)
1. Shake the alcohol and the juices over ice until frosted.
2. Strain into a glass filled with crushed ice and squeeze over the lemon juice.
3. (Dress with the orange peel to impress).
1 ½ measure vodka (yes, Basics vodka is fine)
½ measure cranberry juice
pink grapefruit juice
1. Shake the cranberry juice and vodka over ice until frosted.
2. Pour into a tall glass and top up with the pink grapefruit juice to taste.
2 measures vodka
1 measure lime juice
cracked ice cubes
(slice of lime for decoration)
1. Shake the vodka and lime juice vigorously over ice until frosted.
2. Half-fill a chilled glass with cracked ice cubes and strain the cocktail over them.
3. Top up with ginger beer.
4. (Decorate with the slice of lime, if using).