Tired of frequenting mediocre Tesco curry sauce or purchasing microwave rice as dry as Gandhi’s sandals? Then you should head down to the Curry Lounge on Upper Parliament Street for a curry or two in a modern but distinctly North Indian setting.

Raz, the owner has seen the establishment through the rocky times of Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares to what is now an award winning restaurant, critically acclaimed by Toptable as “one of the top 10 restaurants in the UK that offers the best value meals”.

Along with my co-eater, we tried both a Murgh Makhni and Lamb Biriyani. We kicked off however with the delectable Mixed Grill starter which was just enough to get our Indian taste buds into a flurry with the Seekh Kebab coming out on top. Both the Biriyani and Murgh Makhni were sensational, portion sizes are also very liberal so don’t be afraid to ask for a ‘doggy bag’. If our mains were anything to go by, you’re almost guaranteed to leave with a smile. We certainly did.

If you are looking for a decent curry at award-winning value, you really shouldn’t look any further than the Curry Lounge.

The Curry Lounge offers 20% off food for students, Sunday to Wednesday only. Not valid with set menus or in conjunction with any other offers. A valid NUS card needs to be shown by each individual at the time of ordering to receive the discount.

For more info visit http://www.currylounge.co.uk

James Sanderson

Better, Faster, Stronger

The Country @ The New Theatre