I arrived at Via Fossa bar not quite knowing what to expect from the Bacardi Mojito Masterclass. We started with a platter of random instruments including Bacardi, limes, mint, ice and caster sugar and were told to attempt to make a Mojito. I admit I had no idea what I was doing and started pounding furiously, recalling memories of how I’ve seen it being done before and trying to recreate them. The strength of the alcohol, the colour of the drink, and the appearance of the end product made me very glad to be there. The concept of the night was based around the idea that Mojito means Bacardi and they were going to teach us why.

We were taught the history of the Mojito, which it turns out is my idea of an education! The Bacardi Masterclass is a place where people can go and a have a good time whilst learning how to make a wonderful new drink. I started to comment on the sweetness of the limes and the notes of caramel in the Bacardi Oro, which is the dark rum that Bacardi provide.

Bacardi are going to be holding these events around University Park in the three largest bars and my advice to you is to go and make the most of it! Even if you don’t like rum these drinks are prepared in a way that can be tailored to your own personal tastes.

Remember Mojito means Bacardi!

Maximilian Sutcliffe

Hallward Hitlers

Argentina: Diversidad Increíble

1. Alex
    January 15, 2010 at 13:12 — Reply

Any idea where we can find out more about the on campus events?

2. Katie
    January 15, 2010 at 14:31 — Reply

Alex,

You can join the Facebook group which is run by Nottingham University’s Bacardi representative, Amie. More info and dates will be posted on there or messaged round to group members.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BACARDI-Nottingham-Uni/143677548661?ref=ts

Katie,

Nights ed.

3. Your Biggest Fan
    January 19, 2010 at 22:16 — Reply

How nice of a company that causes thousands of deaths a year to hijack our magazine so it can advertise alcohol to young people.

4. January 22, 2010 at 21:48 — Reply

Hi,
    I’m the Bacardi Student Brand Ambassador at Notts.

I’d like to stress that Bacardi is a strong supporter of Britain’s ‘Drink Aware’ campaign and does not promote binge drinking. Bacardi should be enjoyed responsibly.

As “Biggest Fan” has rightly pointed out, many young people die from alcohol abuse every year, however, this is from alcohol in general, not Bacardi alone.

If you would like to be a part of Bacardi events at Nottingham Univeristy, we would love to have you join us. As Katie above explained, join us on Facebook for more information or email me through the Bacardi page with any questions.