Student Society stages its first production of H.M.S. Pinafore

Wednesday 24 March – Saturday 27 March

“The 2010 cast have put in an amazing amount of effort into H.M.S. Pinafore, and we hope to continue the high standard of performances that the society has a reputation for in the Nottingham community.”
Director Robin Parker

Nottingham University Gilbert and Sullivan Society, under the direction of final year classics student Robin Parker, will perform HMS Pinafore for the first time in its 38 year history. Set on board H.M.S. Pinafore, the show is one of the best known and loved of Gilbert and Sullivan’s operettas with many memorable songs including “We sail the ocean blue” and “When I was a lad”.

H.M.S. Pinafore plays host to a fine band of sober and attentive sailors under the command of the gentlemanly Captain Corcoran, who claims that he never swears at sea. One of the sailors, Ralph, falls in love with the Captain’s daughter, Josephine, but in true G&S style, the Captain has other plans for her, having arranged for her to marry Sir Joseph Porter KCB, the First Lord of the Admiralty. Several plot twists later, and with the help of Sir Joseph’s sisters, cousins and aunts, all’s well in the end!

The show is put on entirely by students at Nottingham University, who form the cast and creative team, and manage everything from rehearsals to costumes to make sure the Society puts on a fantastic performance every year.

Listings information

Gilbert and Sullivan’s H.M.S. Pinafore
24 – 27 March 2010 at Nottingham Arts Theatre
Press night – Wednesday 24 March

Cast and creative team
Full cast – Bozidar Smiljanic, Jay Waldron, Will Glendinning, Alexander O’Brien, Ramsay Kerr, William Dalleywater, Alice Hands, Emily Nash, Lisa McLoughlin

Director – Robin Parker
Musical Director – Matthew Smith

Booking:
Phone – 0115 947 6096
Online – www.nottingham-theatre.co.uk
In person – From Nottingham Arts Theatre, George Street, Nottingham
Tickets £6 – £10

For further information
William Dalleywater, Publicity Officer, [email protected]

The BAFTAs - A Response

Two Reviews for Our Town @ The New Theatre

1. Stephen Lovejoy
    February 27, 2010 at 23:44 — Reply

An advertisement posing as an article…