As a child the prospect of a treasure hunt provided about as much excitement as chasing bubbles, which as I’m sure you’ll all agree, was a thrill unfathomable to our now-adult selves. Well thanks to Classic FM’s new Big Red F competition, we can relive the glory days of bubble-blowing, worm-eating, and opposite-sex-hating with an old school treasure hunt, but instead of coming out of it with a packet of smarties or a grazed knee (as every childhood activity ended with), you could win yourself an Apple iPad (the iPod Touch for the visually-impaired) or an iPod Touch (the poor persons iPhone).

For the next two weeks the Classic FM Big Red F will be hidden in various locations around campus, protected by the “Guardian of the F” who will be equipped with a camera. The student with the funniest, most interesting, or unusual picture with the Big Red F will win an iPad, and the second prize winner will get an iPod Touch – couldn’t be simpler!

To locate the Big Red F keep an eye on Classic FM’s twitter page (@classicfm_1), their facebook page (www.facebook.com/classicfm), or on Foursquare (http://foursquare.com/user/classicfm_1), where they’ll be leaving clues as to the location. The photos will be uploaded daily onto the Classic FM facebook page, so keep a look out for your crazy snap, and tag away!

Gareth Cash

Parliament Hanging in the Balance

Notts student stands as MP