With Dot to Dot just around the corner Impact looks at some of the bands that will be taking to the stage. And don’t forget to check out our Spotify Playlist so you can listen to the bands before they play and see the festival set list here: here.

Beach House

Beach House duo create dream pop that wanders from animal collective to the wonderful vocal style of Kate Bush. Having released Teen Dream earlier this year, they are a must see for anyone who craves creativity and ethereal tones. Catch Beach House playing in the Trent SU mainroom.

Wild Beasts
Wild Beasts

Hailing from Leeds, the capital of the emerging music scene in the UK, Wild Beast storm into Dot to Dot after impressing with lasts year’s Two Dancers creating vibrant, modern, indie rock that is reminiscent of Dire Straights more classic sound. The result is both catchy and danceable without losing its edge. Wild Beasts will play on the main stage at Rock city.

Liars
Liars

New York three-piece band Liars have come to be characterised by their dramatic stylistic shifts between albums, while retaining a consistent interest in rhythm and sound texture typical of dance-punk. This year’s album Sisterworld is testament to their success and credibility. Liars will be playing in the Trent SU mainroom.

Los Campesinos!
Los Campesinos!

Their happy breed of music is so infectious that it can be almost sickening to see them do it with such tenacity and class. They fuse this combination with what can only be described as a collective vocal performance that is reminiscent of The GO! Team and 2010’s Romance is Boring is proof that they have much steam left in their collective cannon to continue on into the next decade. Los Campesinos will be playing in the Trent SU mainroom.

Washed Out
Washed Out

Glo-fi has come out of the ashes of lo-fi indie punk with the euphoric tones of Panda Bear to create something that make you feel like you are on a wave of synthesisers. His one man band status is particularly impressive as he joins Memory Tapes and Aerial Pink in forwarding the movement. This year’s Life of Leisure is a landscape of dreams and ambiance. Washed Out will be playing in the Trent SU mainroom.

White Hinterland
White Hinterland

Casey Dienel, an American singer-songwriter and pianist creates blissful and sometimes eerie electronic noises with sinister undertones bubbling under the smooth surface. Her voice is as sweet as honey and her latest album, Kairos is a treat to listen to and one of many albums this year to bring a euphoric atmosphere back into the music experience. White Hinterland will be playing in the Trent SU mainroom.

Team Ghost
Team Ghost

Former M83 member, Fromageau has mixed it up with the odd tinge of krautrock, disco and post-punk and majestically conjured up a dazzling array of sounds. Their current EP You Never Did Anything Wrong To Me is a breath of fresh air that suggests their forthcoming debut album will be a mouthwatering prospect. Team Ghost will be playing at the Bodega.

Sky Larkin
Sky Larkin

Last year’s debut The Golden Spike was one of many great albums that came out of the pool of fresh talent from Leeds. Having the same producer as Los Campesinos and Sleater Kinney, their sound has been magnified to create the catchiest indie pop tunes around. Sky Larkin will  be playing at the Rescue Rooms.

Goldheart Assembly
Goldheart Assembly

Since doing a live session for Steve Lamacq and appearing at Glastonbury, things are only continuing to improve for Goldheart Assembly. Having released their first album this year, reviews have praised them for their organic rock sound that has an experimental tone to the recording and songwriting process. Goldheart Assembly will be playing at the Rescue Rooms.

The Ruby Suns
The Ruby Suns

Appearing in the wake of Panda Bear’s phenomenal synthetic pop record Person Pitch, The Ruby Suns have garnished themselves a reputation for skillfully creating sunny psych-pop. And this year’s Fight Softly extends that summer synth feeling similar to Neon Indian and Washed Out. The Ruby Suns will be playing at the Rescue Rooms.

Frontiers
Frontiers

Nottinghams own, Frontiers will be performing at Dot to Dot this year after many strong Nottingham performances, including appearing on the mainstage at the Summer Sundae festival last year. Also, recently featured in the last edition of Impact, this up and coming band have been described as a mixture of Joy Division and The Cure. The Frontiers will be playing on the mainstage at Rock City.

Yuck
Yuck

Bringing back the pure indie-pop tones reminiscent of The Pains of Being Pure at heart, their lead single Goergia is a magnificent exploration of girls and love. It’s bliss at its purest. Yuck will be playing at the Bodega.

Mystery Jets
Mystery Jets

It’s been over two years since their last album Twenty-One, but soon they will be releasing their third LP in June titled Serotonin and they will be kicking off their tour with Dot to Dot.

Casiokids
Casiokids

Casiokids are an electro-pop group from Norway, bringing their own style, but also drawing many comparisons to their Norwegian counterparts, The Whitest Boy Alive, Röyksopp, and Annie. Casiokids will be playing downstairs in Stealth.

The Harder They Come @ The Nottingham Playhouse

Gig Review: Topman CTRL Tour