Enormous ‘granddad’ cardi’s and novelty Christmas jumpers – they’re a definite ‘do’. Even if not for the look, for the practicality, (FYI girls that think they can rock the no tights, no jacket and even no skirt look – its FREEZING outside.) The chunky knit can look so perfect and so chic if given the correct due care and attention. ‘Nordic’ Knits seem to be all the rage in the high street shops and if you’re ready to jump into the festivities now this is the perfect piece to complete your winter collection.

Team with a pair of skinnies for effortless cool – and warmth – or break out the leather shorts (trust us on this one) for a more flirtatious take on this playful trend. The Nordic Knit is a staple, the LBD of the wool world. The colours that seem to have the best affect and give the impression of a ‘timeless’ piece are cream, dark green, crimson and of course black. Although this can be a frustrating process and walking aimlessly around vintage shops you might think would do the trick, you have to loosen the purse strings a bit.

Head to the higher end of high street, such as French Connection and All Saints, for knitwear that will last a lifetime. Think menswear also – that purchase you made for your brother, boyfriend or friend can come in handy. The loose fit can look perfect with overstated accessories and anything mini, meaning this versatile look can bring warmth and comfort even to traditionally impractical party attire. As the temperature starts to drop below zero, keep your cool in chunky knits.

Emma-Jane Steele

Improv @ The Den

A Blagger’s Guide to...The Scream

1. Ryan Hall
    January 13, 2011 at 13:00 — Reply

This is a great article EJ…well done!! it really reminds me of my own style!