Following the completion of the NUS Delegate elections, Impact can reveal the official results, which are as follows,

Total number of votes –   2184

The successful candidates were,

243 votes –   Alex Corck-Adelman, Samuel Pinner, Will Vickers

215 votes –    Rebecca Schapira

185 votes –    Deeanne Dias

167 votes –    Rosie Tressler

150 votes –    Sophie Hindley

149 votes –     Elliott Young

The eight elected candidates will represent the University of Nottingham’s Students’ Union at the NUS Annual conference at NewcastleGateshead in April this year.   They will also form part of the NUS Committee, which will take a role in the  decision making process over policies in relation to the NUS.

The Vice-President of the NUS, Usman Ali, was present at the announcement on Friday evening, which was broadcast by the University television station, NUTS.

Nottingham Students Evacuate Great Hall after Successful Negotiations with University

Creative Campus: Mince Pies, Killing Santa Claus, and an Evening with the Creative Writing Society

1. December 5, 2010 at 13:59 — Reply

@ “John Goof” : Whilst your opinion is valid, your post contained personal attacks on individuals who are not even mentioned in the article. Futhermore, the comment relating to the LGBT community was particularly inappropriate. Please feel free to re-post a more appriopriate response.

2. Luke Place
    December 13, 2010 at 10:01 — Reply

As someone who got was likely a comically low number of votes, I find it disappointing that only the figures for the winners have been made public. Was this to save me and others with similarly miniscule support “embarassment”?

3. December 13, 2010 at 15:02 — Reply

@Luke Place
    As the author of the article, I published all of the information provided by the Students’ Union to the media SRSs. If you wish to find out how many votes you received, then please approach George Wright, who I am sure will be happy to provide you with the information required.

4. Anon
    December 13, 2010 at 18:25 — Reply

I have it on good authority that at least one Exec member got around the 20 vote margin….