Fast paced, hard hitting, physically demanding, but extremely rewarding. Rugby league is not an alternative to rugby union, but a separate entity in itself. Playing does not only produce greater fitness and skill, but also creates an alternative aspect to university life. The enjoyment of winning is unparalleled, and the bond between teammates is unbreakable.

The University’s rugby league club has been going from strength to strength in recent years, gaining numbers and experience. The first team plays in the second highest tier of student competition available, and the club was awarded ‘Team of the Week’ on three consecutive occasions this season.

Whilst places in the squad are competitive, everyone is welcome at training. A basic knowledge and skill of rugby will be moulded into precise rugby league proficiency with the help of qualified coaches, and a high work ethic at training.

Yes the game is hard hitting and yes the training is tiring, but those that play hard, well, play hard. Socials bring the club together and allow players to wind down, relax and generally chill out after a hard game. Whether home or away, the club’s socials are unmissable and unforgettable.

Most importantly nothing is more satisfying than beating your opponent, making that try saving tackle, or looking at your team mate and knowing that you left everything on the pitch. Grab your boots and a hand full of fearlessness and give rugby league a go.

Training:
Monday and Tuesday 5-6pm, 3G
Friday 5-6pm, Astroturf

Are Dreams Defunct?

How Middle Class is your Uni?