Spring/Summer 2011 is owning the pastel trend with ice-cream hues dominating the catwalk and high street and even it seems, our nails.

Barry M is synonymous with glitz (Dazzle Dust) and pop colours (Nail Paint), and for years many have indulged in the pic ‘n’ mix products offered by the brand. This S/S sees a new nail sensation hitting the High Streets – Barry M Nail Effects.

Nail Effects works by ‘cracking’ a top coat over a base coat. Simply apply a base coat of your favourite colour (after much experimentation pastels seem to work best as Nail Effects are only available in black). Wait for your coloured base coat to dry before applying a layer of the black Barry M Instant Nail Effects over the top of the other varnish. After 30 seconds the black top coat will begin to crack before your very eyes, leaving a relief pattern on your nails. As this process is different every time, you will always be left with a unique manicure – ranging from egg-shell effects to tiger-like stripes.

An instant sell-out hit, you can get your mitts on this new nail varnish wonder for just £3.99 from official stockists Boots and Superdrug or online at www.barrym.com, where this is also a handy ‘how to’ video tutorial.

Charlotte Gelipter

And In Other News… Teachers Organise Mock Weddings for Primary School Pupils

SU Elections 2011