Impact can confirm that Chase and Status have, indeed, pulled out of Summer Party just 48 hours before the event is due to take place. Instead, this leading spot has been replaced with a DJ set from Pendulum, also scheduled to play in Cambridge and Inverness on the same night.

Since 2002, the Australian-British band has fused the sounds of electronic rock, hip-hop and drum and bass, gaining international acclaim by creating a unique sound which has always been at the forefront of new and exciting music, irrespective of genre. Their live show is certainly an experience, enhanced by amazing visual backdrops, they pride themselves on getting any crowd to explode with their infectious energy.

Although the full band itself will not be appearing live, the DJ set famously remixes everything and anything from The Prodigy to Queen’s of the Stone Age, as well as delivering some of their own biggest and most anticipated hits with track after track of skilfully laid down music with beat-matched precision.

Chase and Status fans; don’t be disheartened. The Pendulum DJ set will still be sure to get the main stage bouncing.

Becky Hutter and Jack Gilbert

Keep checking www.impactnottingham.com for Summer Party updates leading up to and during the day. Impact image and music teams will also be bringing you live coverage throughout the day in addition to photos and reviews that will be available the following day.

The Laramie Project @ The New Theatre

Summer Party 2011 - Site Setup [photos]

1. Summerpartysucks
    June 3, 2011 at 10:23 — Reply

Haha summer party cancels the best act, then tries to compensate by saying pendulum are playing, but then we realise it’s not actually pendulum but some next dj, probably that annoying guy from ocean, who’s playing the set. Give me a fiver and I’ll do a chase and status set, at least then those paying 35 for a burger get to hear some chase and status music. I’m so glad I didn’t get a ticket this year. Maybe they were put off by that video nuts put up of example where he basically admitted that last years summer party was rubbish – it all seems like one big c**k up to me.