Impact Arts is running a competition for a free pair of tickets to Opera North’s new production of Ruddigore at Theatre Royal on Tuesday the 2nd of November. The pair of tickets together are worth an estimated value of £80.

Ruddigore synopsis:

Sung in English it is a topsy-turvy comic opera telling a tale of hapless love with ghostly goings-on, centred around Sir Despard Murgatroyd, a man who has inherited a witch’s curse forcing him to commit a crime a day or die in agony!

To enter all you need to do is answer the following question…

Ruddigore is a comic opera by the wondrous theatrical partnership that was Gilbert and Sullivan, but what was their first comic opera collaboration as a duo?

Please email your answer to [email protected] with ‘Ruddigore Competition’ in the subject field and good luck!

Terms and conditions: The competition closes at Midnight on Sunday 30th of October. The winner will be announced on Monday 1st of November and contacted by email. The prize is all that is listed above; there is no alternative. If you win, you will be able to pick up the prize from Nottingham Theatre Royal on the night of the performance. Only one entry per candidate is allowed; no repeat entries will be considered. While we select the winner at random, please note that our decision is final and there are no runner-up prizes. Impact reserves the right to make any alterations to the above.

City Review: Istanbul

Cotterill Gets Off to a Flying Start