The festive season is upon us and the shops are teaming with options for the perfect party dress. Can’t bare the chaotic Christmas shoppers? Or just don’t know where to start? Here are Style’s 5 KILLER DRESSES to update your wardrobe this season. 

1. The Shift Dress 

Rokit-£55

Cute 60’s inspired dresses are versatile but also add a vintage edge. Invest in a sparkly peter pan collar to go over a plain shift, or save time and grab one like this that’s done it for you.

2. The Disco Dress

Miss Selfridge – £65

Sequin dresses are a must for the Christmas season! Combine with richly coloured accessories, or just make a statement with this eye-catching sparkly dress.

3. The Maxi Dress

Topshop – £50

For a ball or black-tie event, this is a perfect dress. Throw on statement ear- rings and a chunky ring. Tie your hair up and put on some heels for an effortless party dress.

4. The Leather Dress

Dorothy Perkins- £60

Leather is huge this season, and definitely makes for a party dress with an edge. Throw lots of rings on and loosen your hair to soften the look and you could even team it with a blazer.

5. The Forties Dress

Topshop – £78

For elegance and glamour, opt for a 1940’s inspired dress. Think hour-glass figures, nipped waists and longer hem-lines. Play with colours and add a fur clutch for a wow effect.  For a more versatile look go for a mini dress version, also seen in Topshop.

THE ANTI-DRESS

Dorothy Perkins – £50

Don’t fancy adding yet another dress to your collection? Why not try a jump-suit, or tailored shorts and a matching blazer.

Hannah Wilkinson

Live Review: Tribes @ Stealth 25/10/11

Review - Contagion