As the British Association of Mixed Martial Arts returns to its spiritual home of Nottingham, Impact is offering you the chance to win a pair of tickets to BAMMA 8.

Saturday 10th December sees BAMMA come to Nottingham’s Trent FM Arena. BAMMA 8 boasts a stunning card that showcases some of the cream of UK fighting talent, including a spectrum of fighters hailing from Nottingham’s world renowned and legendary fight camp, Team Rough House. Rough House has been responsible for training some of the most successful British MMA fighters, with names such as Dan Hardy, Paul Daley and Ross Pearson going on to fight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in the USA.

Mixed Martial Arts has been one of the fastest growing sports in the world over the past ten years, and UFC fights in America now draw similar crowds and pay per view audiences as top tier boxing matches. BAMMA premiered in the UK in June 2009 and has been growing ever since and has now become Europe’s leading Mixed Martial Arts promotion. The event on December 10th in Nottingham represents the 8th instalment, and promises some of the biggest MMA fights to ever take place on British soil.

Headlining the event is the highly anticipated bout between the UK’s no.1 ranked Light Heavyweight, Jimi ‘The Posterboy’ Manuwa, and France’s Anthony Rea. The ‘Posterboy’ stands undefeated with a record of 10-0(wins/losses) and has won 8 of his fights by knock out, with 7 of those fights being title bouts or defences. Manuwa’s reputation as a dangerous fighter is apparent in that it has never taken him more than two rounds to finish an opponent and his return to the cage has been long awaited. The more experienced Antony Rea, with a record of 22 wins and 13 losses has a Who’s Who of opponents under his belt and 13 wins by TKO (Technical Knockout).

The night also sees Jim Wallhead (22-6) take on former Pride, EliteXC and Strikeforce warrior, Joey ‘Smokin’ Villasenor (29-9) in his long awaited BAMMA debut. Jim Wallhead, another product of Team Rough House, comes fresh off a decision win against the very experienced UFC veteran Frank Trigg at BAMMA 7. Joey ‘Smokin’ Villasenor, an expert in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, hails from Greg Jackson’s world renowned Submission Fighting School, the home to George Saint-Pierre, the UFC Welterweight World Champion and arguably the greatest pound for pound fighter in the world. This fight has all the markings of an epic and will be yet another strong contender for fight of the night.

Another highlight on the card is Rough House’s UFC veteran Andre Winner taking on Sweden’s Diego Gonzalez in a World Lightweight Title eliminator fight. Andre Winner has wins under his belt on both sides of the Atlantic, reaching the final of season 9 on the ‘Ultimate Fighter’ competition in the USA, MMA’s answer to boxing’s ‘The Contender’. Diego Gonzalez is known for his amazing ground game and makes his BAMMA debut.

For your chance to be at the Capital FM arena on 10th December, please answer the following question:

How much can Jimi Manuwa bench-press in Kilograms?

Answers should be sent to [email protected] with the Subject ‘MMA Competition’. The closest 5 answers will be given a pair of tickets; in the event of more than 5 answers being correct, they will be drawn out of a hat.

The night boasts 13 fights in total and below is the full fight card:

MAIN CARD

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT 
JIMI MANUWA VS. ANTONY REA

WELTERWEIGHT 
JIM WALLHEAD VS. JOEY VILLASENOR

WORLD LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE ELIMINATOR
ANDRE WINNER VS. DIEGO GONZALEZ

BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT
ERIK PEREZ VS. PAUL MCVEIGH

PRELIMS

LONSDALE BRITISH MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE
JACK MARSHMAN VS. LEEROY BARNES

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT
MARC GODBEER VS. JASON JONES

LIGHTWEIGHT
TIM NEWMAN VS. CURT WARBURTON

COLIN FLETCHER VS DAVID ROUND

WELTERWEIGHT
DEAN AMASINGER VS.DANNY MITCHELL

TOM BREESE VS. QASIM SHAFIQ

CHRISTIAN HOLLEY VS. LEE TAYLOR

BANTAMWEIGHT
BRENT CRAWLEY VS. MARK PLATTS

FLYWEIGHT
IAN MALONE VS. BRIAN HYSLOP

James Whelan & Craigh Innocente

Bryan Adams @ Capital FM Arena 29/11/11

The N30 Strikes: London

1. Nick
    December 5, 2011 at 18:45 — Reply

I totally disagree with most of this article. Jimi Manuwa is a nobody, his career has long been on the decline and will most likely retire at the end of this season. Also Mixed Martial Arts is not the fastest growing sport, in fact it is on the decline. I suggest you conduct better research. The fight camp ‘team rough house’ has produced a distinct lack of talent, and is currently under investigation for match fixing. Shame. Overall the article does not deal with the main issue of BAMMA, which is full of deep corruption, that has made millions of pounds from scams, tojan worm viruses and blackmail. I hope your next article will deal with this pressing matter.