“She was tall but tiny, if you know what I mean, but when she opened her mouth and sang it was mind-blowing”
Brian Grant, who directed Whitney Houston’s videos ‘How Will I Know’ and ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody’, remembering her legacy after her shock death in Los Angeles on Saturday- Sunday 12th February

“Why can you not simply support a system which says ‘let’s have opt-out’?”
– Today’s John Humphrys interrogating Dr Tony Calland, chairman of the BMA’s Medical Ethics Committee on organ donations and the huge discrepancy between organ donations and people who need a transplant- Monday 13th February

“It’s never been part of my argument that Scotland couldn’t make it on her own – there are countries in Europe, small countries that make it on their own, but my argument is, we are better off, we are stronger together, we’re fairer together, we’re richer together”
– PM David Cameron on the Scottish Independence debate as reported on BBC News– Thursday 16th February

“One of the most shocking aspects of the case was that, despite the widespread concerns about what was going on, the Home Office did nothing to change the situation until they were forced to do so by children bringing litigation”
Mark Scott, of Bhatt Murphy solicitors, as reported by The Guardian, on the Home Office payout of £2m to illegally detained child asylum seekers- Friday 17th February

“The walls riddled with bullets and damaged buildings betray the fighting that broke out here just a few days ago”
Wyre Davis, reporting for BBC’s Radio 4 Today Programme, reporting on tensions between different Muslim groups spilling over from Syria into Lebanon- Saturday 18th February

Review - Safe House

The Oscars 2012 - A Summary