Listen: Andrea Pilava on winning Environment and Social Justice

Andrea Pilava has been announced as next year’s Environment and Social Justice officer. She was the only candidate for the role, but ESJ had a particularly large amount of votes- 3562 in total, with Andrea winning 3110 of those. She told Impact that she is “really proud to take this new role” and that although “change takes a long time” she is intending to “develop and complete” the projects that are currently being worked on.

Andrea Pilava profile:

As President of People and Planet Society, Pilava has already been working closely with the University’s Environmental Team and feels that this makes her a good candidate for Environment and Social Justice Officer. Pilava’s policies involve continuing to work closely with SEEN (Student Environmental and Ethical Network) societies to make sure that their campaigns benefit from SU input, and to make sure SU policy takes ethical and environmental considerations into account.

Her main concern is to continue with the work of the previous Environment Officer Sarah Joy Lewis and to contribute to the completion of her projects. She also wishes to improve awareness and student engagement with environment and social justice issues and promote the development of a more sustainable campus.

Accommodation and Community Officer Result

Education Officer Results