Valve developing a Steam console?
Reports from gaming news site ‘The Verge’ state that Valve, the company responsible for Steam, are preparing to launch a console to compete with Microsost, Sony and Nintendo. The console, allegedly dubbed the ‘Steam Box’, would be capable of accessing Steam’s library of games and would boast an Intel Core i7 CPU, NVIDIA GPU and 8GBs of RAM. The Steam Box might be revealed at this year’s E3.

Assassin’s Creed 3 receiving Wii-U release
During a press release on March 5th, Ubisoft announced that Assassin’s Creed 3 will see a multi-platform release which includes Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC and interestingly the Wii-U; the DS has previously featured series spin-offs such as Assassin’s Creed II: Discovery but this will be the first time a Nintendo console has accomodated a major game in the franchise. Will this set a new trend for multi-platform development that accomodates all three platforms? Ubisoft have also released a new trailer for the game which you can see below.

Peter Molyneux leaves Lionhead studies
In a statement to Kotaku, Molyneux announced, “It is with mixed emotions that I made the decision to leave Microsoft and Lionhead Studios, the company that I co-founded in 1997, at the conclusion of development of Fable: The Journey“. Peter had been with Lionhead since he co-founded the company in 1997, but he now goes onto join Guildford-based company 22 Cans. Responding to the news of Peter’s departure, Microsoft said, “As co-founder of Lionhead and an integral part of Microsoft Studios, Peter was the creative visionary behind the blockbuster Fable franchise, and one of our most passionate and influential developers for the Xbox 360 platform. He has made an indelible mark on the games industry and we wish him all the best of luck in his future endeavors.”

Heavy Rain creator unveils technical Demo ‘Kara’
David Cage, CEO of game developer Quantic Dream, unveiled a new project at GDC (Game Developer’s Conference) San Fransisco entitled ‘Kara’. Kara, a short cutscene rendered entirerly in real-time on a Playstation 3, is not the next game by Quantic Dream but does serve as a technical demonstration illustrating just what the studio’s new game engine can do. Kara’s secret is, like previous Quanitic Dream game Heavy Rain, the motion capture technology which, when joined with voice acting, uses the work of actors and actresses to create incredibly realistic movements and facial expressions. The full video can be seen below.

Tom Mackay 

Review - Project X

Tim Burton's Dark Shadows

1. Dave J

Now all Quantic Dreams need to do is add some quick time events and they can release ‘Kara: The Game!”. Probably with a hip title, like ‘Intelligentsia’ or something.