Charlotte ‘Bez’ Bezant is the new LGBT officer. She won 231 votes out of a total of 403 against her opponent Olly Pendall, who received 131. She is currently in Vancouver and is not available to comment.

Charlotte Bezant’s Profile:

Charlotte Bezant, better known by her nickname ‘Bez’, says that the LGBT network has been “like home to [her] since Day One at uni”. She has been an active member through her roles as the Female Welfare Officer and Bi Rep, responsible for peer support and workshops, and as an NUS LGBT Conference Delegate last year. Bezant is currently on a term abroad at the University of British Columbia where she has taken up a post as an Outreach and Publicity Co-Ordinator with PrideUBC, which she says has given her an “invaluable” insight into another LGBT network: “I’ve gained lots of new ideas and seen ways that are improvements on our current system, but can also appreciate Nottingham’s strengths more!” She adds that she has been a committed attendee of SU Council during her time at Nottingham, and has been involved in several campaigns, giving her inside knowledge of “how to get things done in the SU system”.

Her pledges include an up-to-date website, a sub-committee for campaigns with meetings open to all, and a Positive Space training scheme to create LGBT-friendly areas on campus. Bezant has “lists of specific ways to achieve positive changes within the Network” but added that she will also be using the information that derives from a survey the network are currently conducting to shape the Network based on what LGBT students really want. Bezant believes she has the “the ideas, the experience and the passion to run a really successful Network” and says she is determined to maintain the LGBT’s high standard of support, campaigning and socials next year.

BME Officer Result

Women's Officer Result