This dish is as easy as it gets. It’s so simple to make and only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and cook. The courgettes and cherry tomatoes make for a lovely, fresh dish and the whole thing just sings out springtime. It’s a light dish, perfect for when you just want something easy but still healthy. If you have a larger appetite, just up the quantity of pasta and pine nuts for a more filling meal!

What You’ll Need

2 small courgettes
A couple of handfuls of cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
A handful of pine nuts
A large glug of olive oil (preferably good quality)
160g of wholemeal or white pasta
A pinch of salt

Heat the oil gently in a non-stick pan and set a kettle of water to boil. Whilst the oil heats, chop the courgette into thin slices, finely chop the garlic and halve the cherry tomatoes. Add the courgettes and the garlic to the pan and stir until completely coated in the oil. While they start to fry gently, pour the boiled water into a pan with a pinch of salt and then put the pasta in to cook.

Keep stirring the courgette and garlic so that the garlic doesn’t burn and the courgette cooks evenly. Once the courgette is starting to soften, add the cherry tomato halves and the pine nuts. Keep stirring both the veg and the pasta occasionally.

Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return it to the pan. Tip the courgettes, cherry tomatoes, garlic and pine nuts into the pasta and mix together. Now serve and enjoy!

Sophie Martin-Hawkins

To BBQ or Not To BBQ?

Review - Battleship