Cheryl Cole – 6 October

Cheryl takes to the stage to tour her third studio album ‘A Million Lights’, featuring hit single ‘Call My Name’. She heads to Nottingham as part of a headline UK Arena tour this October and has just announced that she will be joined by special guest Tinchy Stryder. Tinchy will likely be promoting his new material from upcoming album Full Tank: due for release in December.

Nicki Minaj – 21 October

One of America’s newest pop icons, Nicki Minaj has announced a headline UK tour which passes through Nottingham in late October. Her debut album Pink Friday was a remarkable success, boasting the most charted singles by any female rap album. She has announced that Misha B – contestant from 2011’s series of The X Factor – will provide support for the tour. Her debut single ‘Home Run’ hit the charts in July and she is expected to officially release her follow-up single in October to coincide with her support tour.

Ed Sheeran – 31 October

Singer songwriter Ed Sheeran has reached extraordinary heights in his career this year with his debut album, +, achieving great success. Hit singles such as ‘The A Team’, ‘You Need Me, I Don’t Need You’, and ‘Lego House’ have propelled him into the charts and he received awards for Best British Male and British Breakthrough of the Year at this year’s Brit Awards. He calls at the Capital FM Arena for the first time on Halloween as part of his latest UK tour.

The Killers – 3 November

Having taken a hiatus to explore solo projects, The Killers return to the UK for their first Arena tour in four years. Following the July release of debut single ‘Runaways’, their latest studio album ‘Battle Born’ was released earlier this month as part of the build up to their upcoming tour. The Killers reunion has attracted much hype in recent months in anticipation as the multi-award winning American rockers prepare to launch their new material in the UK.

Evanescence – 5 November

Rock group Evanescence will kick off their UK tour with a performance at Nottingham’s Capital FM Arena in November. Their new and self-titled album signified the full reformation of the band after a long-term break – their last album was released in 2006. The band have announced a double support in the form of The Used, who are touring their fifth album released earlier this year; and Lost Alone, who have a history of supporting big name rock bands such as Paramore and My Chemical Romance.

Elbow – 26 November

Elbow will embark on yet another UK Arena tour later this year, and will open this series of shows with a night at the Capital FM Arena. Having released a collection of B-sides, ‘Dead in the Boot’ last month, they will be hoping to cap off another successful year with another spectacular tour. They will be showcasing new material alongside their more classic hits including ‘Grounds for Divorce’, ‘Open Arms’ and ‘One Day Like This’.

Keane – 28 November

Having broken onto the scene with their debut album ‘Hopes and Fears’ in 2004, Keane have developed their style onto the international stage, and their new album ‘Strangeland’ – released earlier this year – reflects the ever- growing confidence of the band. To tour this album, Keane will complete a run of dates including a night at Nottingham’s Capital FM Arena in November. Likely to feature will be the hit singles from the album ‘Silenced By the Night’, ‘Disconnected’, and ‘Sovereign Light Café’.

Alanis Morissette – 29 November

With her highly anticipated seventh album ‘Havoc and Bright Lights’ now available, Alanis Morissette will travel to the UK this winter as part of her Guardian Angel tour. Lead single from the album ‘Guardian’, was released in May and has formed a significant part of the build-up to the tour. Her show at the Capital FM Arena is one of only three dates in the UK on the European leg of this tour, following a string of successful shows earlier this year.

Madness – 6 December

British favourites Madness will be returning to the stage this December to showcase songs from their forthcoming eleventh studio album; the quirkily long-named, ’Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da’. The fun-loving band will call at the Capital FM Arena as part of a UK-wide Charge of the Mad Brigade tour which is likely to attract significant attention after the band featured extensively over the Jubilee celebrations and Olympic ceremonies.

Chris Morris

Review - ParaNorman

England Set to Defend Title