Nottingham Cineworld has accidentally screened a horror film to an audience expecting to see Madagascar 3Families were seen rushing towards the exits with their young children after the opening scenes of Paranormal Activity 4 started rolling at the screening on Saturday.

The opening scene of the horror film, which features a bloodied corpse being thrown towards the camera, was shown before audience members realised the obvious mistake and promptly left the theatre.

Nottingham citizen Natasha Lewis, who attended the showing with her eight-year-old son expecting to see the popular animated comedy, told Yahoo!: “They started playing the movie and I thought – this doesn’t look right. And then I recognised the opening sequence as a flash back to the first movie, which I saw a couple of years ago.

“It’s enough to make grown men jump, so you can imagine the terror in these young faces.

“Everybody just scrambled for the exits, all you could hear were children crying and screaming. Everyone was very upset.

“It was only about two minutes worth of the film but it was enough to scar them for life. There were parents and kids in there, including some children who were younger than Dylan.

“The cinema needs to check the film before sending everyone in so they don’t make this mistake again. I’m disgusted about it, mistakes like this simply should not happen.”

A spokesperson from Cineworld said: “We have investigated the incident and can confirm that this was a technical error with the projector and apologise sincerely to the families.

“All customers who were affected by the incident were offered refunds and complimentary tickets. We also invited customers to watch the screening of Madagascar 3 half an hour later.

“We take matters such as this very seriously and are currently working with technicians to ensure this does not happen again.”

Josh Franks

Album Review: Paul Banks - 'Banks'

Review - Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day

1. Bane
    October 23, 2012 at 18:48 — Reply

This is but our first step in enacting Nottingham’s reckoning. Next we shall strike at Ed Sheeran’s concert at Capital FM arena, replacing your false, ginger idol with Death Grips.