As of this month Impact are starting their monthly gig guides, in which we will go through the upcoming gigs coming to Nottingham. We’ve provided a brief introduction to each show and why you should go.

Be sure to check back in the coming weeks, when we’ll link to our reviews of the shows.

Capital FM Arena:

21st – Nicki Minaj

One of America’s newest pop icons, Nicki Minaj has announced a headline UK tour which passes through Nottingham in late October. Her debut album Pink Friday was a remarkable success, boasting the most charted singles by any female rap album. She has announced that Misha B – contestant from 2011’s series of The X Factor – will provide support for the tour. Her debut single ‘Home Run’ hit the charts in July and she is expected to officially release her follow-up single in October to coincide with her support tour.

31st – Ed Sheeran

Singer songwriter Ed Sheeran has reached extraordinary heights in his career this year with his debut album, +, achieving great success. Hit singles such as ‘The A Team’, ‘You Need Me, I Don’t Need You’, and ‘Lego House’ have propelled him into the charts and he received awards for Best British Male and British Breakthrough of the Year at this year’s Brit Awards. He calls at the Capital FM Arena for the first time on Halloween as part of his latest UK tour.

(tickets – sold out)

Rock City:

18th – August Burns Red

Metalcore giants August Burns Red return to Rock City following their mind-blowing performance on the Eastpak Antidote Tour last year. Blending technical guitar riffs and pounding drum beats with soaring melodies and an energetic live performance, they are not to be missed. Support comes from Christian metallers The Devil Wears Prada, and technical deathcore mob Veil of Maya. And with this being the first date of their UK and European tour, it promises to be nothing less than exceptional.

23rd – Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaur

It has been an exciting year for Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, known affectionately amongst fans as ‘TEED’, the electronic producer and DJ originally from Oxford’s profile has risen to the point where Radio 1 DJs Annie Mac and Nick Grimshaw have featured tracks from the EPs he has released over the last three years on their shows. There is real sense with this artist of something exciting brewing, a craze waiting to happen. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs swings between overt musicality and scarily on-point dance floor intuition, ripping up gigs around the globe with his live show of bizarre instruments, glitter cannons and of course… dancing dinosaurs’. Impact is very excited about being given the opportunity to witness this what will surely be enthralling frenzy.

25th – Bowling For Soup

For those looking to relive the highs of early-2000’s Pop-Punk, Bowling For Soup are playing Rock City, touring to promote their eleventh studio album, Fishin’ for Woos. Having risen to fame in 2003, fans will fondly remember hits such as (the Grammy award-winning) ‘Girls All The Bad Guys Want’, ‘Almost’ & ‘1985’. Having headlined Download festival in 2007, the band have had staying power with their UK audiences, and their performance at Rock City will be something to behold.

Rescue Rooms:

20th – Benjamin Francis Leftwich

Almost one year on from his very successful show at Nottingham Glee Club, Benjamin Francis Leftwich returns to Nottingham: this time to the Rescue Rooms. Since then Benjamin has been touring extensively and writing for the follow up to debut album ‘Last Smoke Before the Snowstorm’. Anyone attending this gig can expect a night of beautiful guitar playing; alongside some beautiful chilled music, very similar to contemporary Ben Howard. There will also be the opportunity to be one of the first to hear the songs that Benjamin has been working on over the summer for his upcoming second album.

(tickets – sold out)

24th – Everything Everything

Everything Everything stop off in Nottingham on a short tour of smaller UK venues, where they will be previewing shows from new album ‘Arc’, due for release in early 2013. As well as some of the first plays of brand new songs, Everything Everything will be playing songs from their mercury nominated debut album ‘Man Alive’, which made them such a success on the festival circuit last year.

17th – Errors

Glaswegian four-piece Errors  come to The Bodega offering their own personal brand of “post-electro”, having released two albums this year (Have Some Faith In MagicNew Relics) demonstrates the tenacious work ethic of the band. Live the band are renowned for bringing energy to their well-crafted songs, the meticulous attention to detail of their live set reveals their Mogwai influences.

27th – 2:54

Returning to Nottingham after what was a troubled slot at this year’s Dot-to-Dot festival, 2:54 have been on a lot of people’s lips & look poised to finally have a shot at the big time. They will be bringing the best songs from their eponymous debut album, which was released earlier this year.

Royal Concert Hall:

14th – Ray Davies

One of the legends of British songwriting is coming to Nottingham this month. Ray Davies is the mastermind behind The Kinks: a band that can easily be put on the same pedestal as The Beatles for British pop in the 1960s. He comes to Nottingham this month on the back of a triumphant performance at the Olympics closing ceremony, playing the stunning ‘Waterloo Sunset’. This song alone could be considered to be worth the ticket, however add this to such songs as ‘Days’, ‘Victoria’, ‘You Really Got Me’, and ‘Sunny Afternoon’, and you have yourself a night of music that should not be missed.

Chris Morris, Josh Levy, Emily Shackleton, Ben James, Liam Coleman & Hailey Mawhinney

Dylan Williams on Politics: What Is Ed Miliband Offering Us?

Trailer Watch - 12/10/2012