Impact is looking for a second editor for the Science & Technology section to work with our current editor, Steph Harris.

We are looking for someone who has an interest in science and/or technology as well as an interest in journalism to join the Science & Technology team.

Impact is read by 8,000 students a month in print and regularly receives 7,000 individual hits a week online. In August, the magazine won The Ones To Watch Student Publication of the Year Award.

No previous editing experience is necessary, although the ideal candidate will have written at least two articles for Impact previously. If you have not been published by Impact before please send two science/technology articles (approx 400 words) on a subject of your choice with your application. Please note – a science degree is not a requirement.

First and second year students are encouraged to apply.

As Science & Technology editor, your role will involve:

– Organising and holding weekly meetings with contributors

– Maintaining contact with contributors by email

– Editing and uploading regular online content

– Preparing and editing content for print issues

Interested applicants need to apply by no later than Sunday 28th October – interviews will follow on Monday 29th October. If we receive a high number of applications a shortlist will be created. Please check your emails on Sunday 28th.

Email your application to [email protected] AND [email protected] with the following:

– Name

– Year and subject of study

– Student ID number

– Mobile phone no.

– University email address

– 100-200 words on what you would bring to Impact as an editor, and specifically the Science & Technology section.

– 2 x 400 word articles or links to two Impact articles.

Review - The Queen Of Versailles

Album Review: Paul Banks - 'Banks'