Hold onto your hats, people, because this week’s Trailer Watch is a doozy. We have the first teaser for Star Trek Into Darkness, a featurette for the upcoming third season of Game of Thrones and a trailer for Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III.

Star Trek Into Darkness

Fasten your seatbelts and prepare to boldly go where no one has gone before… All over again. In this sequel to J.J. Abrams’ 2009 sci-fi smash hit, Star Trek, the crew of the Enterprise must prevent the destruction of Earth (well, San Francisco, at least) from a seriously angry Benedict Cumberbatch. Abrams and co. have been tight-lipped on the identity of the Sherlock star’s character, but rest assured, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, John Cho and Anton Yelchin are all returning, and they will be joined by franchise newcomers Alice Eve and Peter Weller. Star Trek Into Darkness will be released on 17th May 2013.

Game of Thrones Featurette

Those fearful of spoilers need not worry, this is just a glimpse at some of the new sets that are going to be featured in the hit fantasy TV show’s new season. Creators D.B. Weiss and David Benioff give brief interviews about what’s in store for us (although, nothing specific) and stars Peter Dinklage, Richard Madden, Emilia Clarke and Maisie Williams all share how honoured they are to work with such a talented production team. A new Game of Thrones season is always cause for celebration (bring the wine!), and it will premiere in the US on 31st March 2013.

A Glimpse Inside The Mind of Charles Swan III

Don’t worry, this mind and reality-bending comedy isn’t the sequel to Charles Swan or Charles Swan II – those don’t exist. Instead, Roman Coppola’s (yes, that Coppola’s son) Charles Swan III stars 1970’s Charlie Sheen as a 1970’s graphic designer, whose break-up with his dream girl leads to his mind more or less unraveling in a series of 1970’s vignettes taking place inside of his head. 1970’s Bill Murray and 1970’s Jason Schwartzman co-star as Swan’s business partner and best friend, respectively, along with Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Parks & Recreation‘s Aubrey Plaza. There’s no UK release date currently set, but Charles Swan III will hit US screens in February.

What do you think of this week’s trailers? Have your say in the comments section below!

Josh Franks

Live Review + Interview: By The Rivers

Abort67: Contradictory and Unethical

1. December 8, 2012 at 18:48 — Reply

I’m actually quite pumped for Charles Swan Trois. In spite of my better judgement.