Manliest Game: Pokémon Black and White 2

There is undoubtedly nothing more manly than leaving home at the tender age of ten to become the world’s strongest Pokémon trainer. If you ever want to impress the ladies, show them your level 100 Charizard or Arcanine… so manly.

Weirdest Game: Tokyo Jungle

Japan has produced a game that is beyond bizarre; in other news, water is wet. Control alley cats, Velociraptors and robotic dogs in a ‘survival of the fittest’ romp through Tokyo. Collect biker jackets, flamboyant scarves and headlights to dress your animals up. Tokyo Jungle wins this award easily; few things in life are as opposed to reason as this.

Most Disappointing Game: Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 6 singularly failed to live up to its hype. After months of teasing us that this was the game’s return to survival horror, it turned out to be nothing more than a generic third-person shooter short on ideas and lacking a clear identity. Disappointing.

Game of the Year: The Walking Dead

A dash of moral ambiguity, a smidge of zombie apocalypse and half a cup of sobbing uncontrollably at a videogame (stifle that chuckling, it’s genuinely sad!) and you have an incredibly forced metaphor, but you also have The Walking Dead. Telltale’s masterpiece is tense, emotional, chaotic, and many more adjectives; most importantly, it’s Impact‘s game of the year. Go play it! But maybe wait until after you’ve passed your exams…

Badman McManly, Tom Mackay & Anil Parmar

For more, take a look at Impact’s reviews of Pokemon Black and White 2, Tokyo Jungle and The Walking Dead!

Follow Impact Magazine on Twitter and Facebook

Image: Doug Kline via Flickr

A Beginners Guide to Procrastibaking: Chewy Nutella Cookies

Album Review: Biffy Clyro - 'Opposites'