We all find exam time pretty stressful. It’s that part of the year when you slowly become a total recluse and all the social skills you usually possess seem to vanish into thin air, thanks to the mind numbing monotony that comes from staring at page after page of revision notes.

But all hope is not lost. To break the monotony of the exam time routine, there is a simple form of non-prescription medication for those exam blues. The idea is simple:

A need to put off work + a love of food = PROCRASTIBAKING

The best things to procrastibake are the simple ones, e.g. cupcakes, muffins and cookies. The beauty behind these procrastibakes is that not only are they delicious but you can take them to the library too – saving you heaps of ‘snack money’ and giving you a good excuse to stop work and have some baked goods! This is our suggestion for an easy procrastibake:

Chewy Nutella Cookies

Ingredients:
64g butter
64g granulated sugar
64g soft light brown sugar
100g Nutella
1 egg
¼ tsp vanilla essence (optional)
190g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
130g milk chocolate (chopped into small chunks)

Method:
· Preheat the oven to 170?C.
· Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. Then add the egg, Nutella and vanilla essence and stir until fully combined.
· Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mix and fold in until well combined. Then add in the chocolate chunks.
· Use roughly a dessert spoonful of dough for each cookie and place on a baking tray and bake for around 8 minutes.
· Take the cookies out and leave to cool for a few minutes on the tray (they are quite soft), then remove to fully cool on a wire rack.
· Enjoy the success of your procrastibake!

Emma Drabble

Implode Goes Pole Dancing so You Don't Have To

2012 in Brief: Impact Browses this Year's Gaming Highlights

1. vik

procrastibake! brilliant name, should be a regular in the paper mag 🙂