For all those new to the Charity Varsity Series, here is a quick breakdown of what to expect:

Each year the best sportsmen and women in their respective universities battle it out in 15 events to become the varsity champions whilst raising thousands for Charity. With Uni of winning last year’s series we are looking to defend the title and beat Trent by an even bigger margin. Whilst rivalry between the two universities is evident both on and off the pitch, the charitable aspect that underlies the series brings the universities in Nottingham together for a good cause.

One of the major changes to this year’s varsity is the Men’s and Women’s Basketball. For the first time ever this event will be held in the Capital FM Arena and is set to be a sellout, we’ve also included a showcase dodgeball match between the two universities in between the matches! Of course the main focus of Varsity remains the Ice Hockey, which is the biggest Ice Hockey match outside of Northern America! So be sure to get your tickets early! Info at facebook.com/nottsvarsity

This year’s charity is ‘Headway’. If you see Headway representatives bucket collecting then please donate. Last year the series raised a staggering £17,369 for CP Sport and the 2013 series is set to beat that with your help.

I look forward to seeing you all out supporting Uni against Trent!

Jonny Bell

2012/13 Athletic Union Officer

Album Review: Foxygen - ‘We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors Of Peace & Magic’

Top 5 Nights out in Nottingham

1. Paul
    January 28, 2013 at 14:25 — Reply

Can we please put to bed the myth that the Ice Hockey game is the biggest outside North America. There are at least 15 teams in the KHL that have a higher attendance than is achieved at the Varsity game