Jack Whitehall and the rest of the Fresh Meat cast will be visiting the University on Friday for a star-studded Comic Relief event organised by Karni and the BBC. 

The night will mark the end of a week of fundraisers set up by the Uni rag, including a vintage Ocean night on Tuesday and a sponsored 2700km cyclothon. Karni director, Matt Furniss, told Impact they are aiming to raise £10,000 for Comic Relief.

“Here at Karnival, we’re extremely excited to be hosting ‘Fresh Meat Does Comic Relief’.”

Furniss said the plans had been in the pipeline for a few months. Karni had originally been planning a comedy event at Capital FM before deciding on the more intimate venue.

The BBC will be filming the finale, a rap battle between Jack Whitehall and Mark Grist, teacher-cum-rapper extraordinaire, for their Comic Relief show on 15th March.

The Fresh Meat cast are expected to turn up on campus at 8:30 on Friday after visiting five other universities around the country including Newcastle, Manchester and Durham and before heading to their last stop at Loughborough.

Whitehall, Joe Thomas, Zawe Ashton and co. will be start the night by joining in with the last stretch of the cyclothon, before pulling pints in Mooch. As well as the rap-battle, one of the stars will be joining in with a DJ set.

Will Grist v. Whitehall beat this?

Friday’s event will take place just over a month after the Bastille gig in Mooch, when over a thousand students queued up to see the indie band play a short set.

500 tickets will go on sale from Tuesday for £5 from Karni reps and the SU box office.

Oscar Williams

Impact Film's Live Coverage of the Oscars 2013

SU Elections Candidates Withdraw