This summer, University of Nottingham medical student Oscar MacCormac will face a challenge most runners can only dream of accomplishing – a consecutive 100 mile race.

Having already raised £6000 for various charities, Oscar decided to take on the ULTRArace.100 to raise money for a summer camp for underprivileged children.

“I started volunteering at the camp in the summer of 2005 and volunteered there for another four summers until medical school stopped me from being able to. So this year I wanted to show that I was still committed in some way to the awesome work that is done at the camp by taking on the challenge of a 100 consecutive mile race,” Oscar explains.

Running ridiculous distances is nothing new to Oscar, and he believes his past experience, coupled with a gruelling training regime, will see him through the race.

“The reason I started running in the first place was initially to sort my life out a little (I was a 17 stone 15 year old – and not muscle may I add) and then I started to do long distance when my Nan was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer,” he explains.

“I ran my first marathon in April 2007 for the association of international cancer research and then ran a marathon every year for a different charity until 2012, when I switched to my first Ultra Marathon (any distance over 26.2 miles) I have since run two more ultras as training runs (both 50K) and plan to keep upping the distances until June.”

Peter Klein

If you wish to support Oscar and donate, check out www.justgiving.com/oscars100.

The ULTRArace.100 takes place on the 28th of June, and takes the competitors around the Cotswolds most scenic areas. 

Live Review: The Courteeners and Findlay, Rock City (21/02/2013)

A Word With....The Directors of Red.

1. February 24, 2013 at 19:57 — Reply

Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally
    suggest to my friends. I’m sure they will be benefited from this website.

• February 26, 2013 at 12:43 — Reply

Thanks!