I’ve recently been collecting Cadbury Creme Eggs on my meal card and I’ve actually amassed quite a large collection. Since I love baking, the question had to be posed:  are there any good recipes out there which incorporate these festive delicacies? 

The first recipe suggestion I found was for deep fried Creme eggs – an idea that really does not appeal to me whatsoever! Fortunately additional gooey recipes were abound, including the great idea of baking mini Creme eggs into the centre of cupcakes. Yet the the Creme Eggs I had acquired were full sized, so I continued my search until I found this most eggcellent Choclate tart recipe (sorry I couldn’t resist).

Creme Egg Chocolate Tarts

Ingredients

12 digestive biscuits

50g butter

6 Cadbury Creme Eggs

75ml Double Cream

Grated Chocolate for decoration (optional)

Method

1. Crush the digestive biscuits – I recommend putting them in a bowl and using the end of a rolling pin to grind them into crumbs.

2. Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the crumbs.

3. Grease 4 x 8cm loose bottomed tart tins or alternatively use muffin cases. Press the mixture into the tins/cases and up the sides to create the tart bases. Chill in the fridge until set.

4. Cut the Creme eggs in half down the seams. Scoop out the goo from the centre of each egg and place in a bowl.

5. Break the chocolate shells into pieces and place in a small  bowl. Add the cream. Fill a pan with water and float the bowl in the water. Melt the chocolate over a low heat, mixing with the cream until smooth.

6. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly and then pour into the tart cases.

7. Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours until set. (Sorry this does require patience but trust me, it’s worth it!)

8. Carefully remove the tarts from the tins/muffin cases.

9. Gently heat the goo in a pan until melted together. Do not stir, just shake the pan occasionally. Pour this into the tarts and sprinkle a little grated chocolate on top.

10. Serve immediately and enjoy!

This is definitely a recipe to make you very popular this Easter. Admittedly it can be a rather messy business of separating these Creme Eggs but trust me, the reward is to die for. So tuck in and have an eggstremely happy Easter!

*This recipe is adapted from a version on goodtoknow.co.uk

Helen Jackson

Project Six Episode One: Introduction in the style of a Children's Adventure

The Wheel Of Sportune