She’s collaborated with Jay-Z. She’s collaborated with Coldplay. She’s also collaborated with some extremely questionable stage outfits. But one thing that’s getting fashion and beauty fanatics excited is the collaboration with River Island, and the news of the union between Rihanna herself and the sacred brand that is MAC Cosmetics.

I suppose that it shouldn’t come as a surprise to us really. Having dominated the music scene since 2005,  Rihanna is evidently a woman who is absolutely unstoppable. She’s sold 75 million singles worldwide, 25 million records worldwide, and was named as one of the world’s most influential people in the world by Forbes and Time last year. And influential she certainly is – particularly in the field of fashion. Every time that Rihanna performs live, the fashion world collectively holds their breath in anticipation of what deliciously extravagant outfit she is going to wear. From provocative black sequinned leotards and suspenders to stunningly bright and elegant floor-length dresses, Rihanna never fails to shock, excite, and get people talking.

Rihanna For River Island - Photocall - LFW F/W 2013

And right now, her official emergence into the world of fashion is all the rage. At London Fashion Week she debuted her highly anticipated collection with River Island which certainly made an impact; from the actual garments themselves to the way they were modeled.  Instead of a stable catwalk, there were stacked up boxes for the models to walk across which instantly signaled a kind of edge that you’d expect from an artist as creative as Rihanna. Elle magazine describes the show to have been ‘more of a party than a show’, matching the crowd’s increasing excitement of what was to come.

rihanna-river-island-2

The garments themselves ooze sexiness and believe it or not, provide something for everyone. For all the brave and super-confident women out there, there’s black bra tops, hot pants and thigh-high boots. For the cooler women preferring a more casual look, Rihanna’s crafted clothes that evoke her own personal off-duty style: slouchy jumpsuits, preppy varsity jackets and simple oversized t-shirts (I myself have my eye on a pair of straight leg double top jeans). Pair any of these garments with the killer heeled boots she’s crafted, and there you have it – Rihanna’s very own personal style in one look.

rihanna-rihanna-for-river-island-fashion-show

As for her lastest collaboration with MAC cosmetics, I’m more of a fashion enthusiast than beauty expert, but even I can tell that something electrifying is going to be created for the world of beauty. Rihanna has covered pretty much every single make-up look that could possibly exist; she entered the music scene with a natural, barely-done and dewy sheen to her sun-kissed Barbados skin, then transformed into a heavy, smoky-eyed and bright lipped temptress. She encapsulates the meaning of the word ‘chameleon’ entirely, and clearly uses make up as a way of expressing herself.

images

801803-2005_teal_deal

Here’s hoping the collaboration won’t disappoint, and will reflect the countless shades of the ultra seductive, hugely creative and massively jealousy-inducing Rihanna.

Navreen Mangat

Impact On The Campaign Trail: Day 6

Talk Nerdy to Me: Impact Explores the Rise of Geek Culture