Much like Kim Kardashian, or a poor paraphrasing of that lyric from that LL Cool J song, Trailer Watch is making a comeback. Yes, we’ve certainly felt the weight of the post-Oscar lull; the truly interesting trailer releases have been few and far between, recently — that is, up until now. To celebrate, we’re not only going to give you a look at this week’s new trailers, but a couple of fantastic ones you may have missed in the interim. Feast your eyes upon new footage from The Hangover Part III, Iron Man 3, After EarthThe Bling Ring, a Joss Whedon Shakespeare adaptation, and more. Now, without much further ado (sorry)…

The Hangover Part III

The “epic finale to the Hangover trilogy” is almost upon us, and this third instalment reunites Phil (Bradley Cooper), Stu (Ed Helms), Alan (Zach Galifianakis) and Doug (Justin Bartha) as they raise hell once more. Director Todd Phillips has been understandably tight-lipped on the exact plot details, but it looks like the Wolfpack are forgoing the usual wedding/bachelor party hijinks and are instead hitting the road. They’ll be joined by the familiar faces of Heather Graham and Ken Jeong, as well as Melissa McCarthy and a very villainous-looking John Goodman. It’s a safe bet that “Iron” Mike Tyson will crop up somewhere, too. The Hangover Part III will be released on 24th May in the UK.

Iron Man 3

Speaking of iron, while we’ve already had our fair share of footage from Iron Man 3, but this new trailer gives us our best look yet at the most notorious of Tony Stark’s (Robert Downey Jr.) cadre of nemeses, The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley). In spite of being a billionaire playboy philanthropist who occasionally saves the world, Tony can’t seem to get any sleep. Seizing the opportunity to attack him at his most vulnerable, The Mandarin razes every element of Stark’s empire to rubble, forcing him to both rebuild and redeem himself as he tries to defeat the most dangerous enemy he has ever known. Iron Man 3 is directed by Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), and also stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Rebecca Hall, Guy Pearce and William Sadler. It’ll be released on 26th April in the UK.

Much Ado About Nothing

After The Avengers crowned itself king of the box office, director and fanboy deity Joss Whedon should probably have taken some time off for himself. Instead, he invited all of his friends (seriously) from his previous efforts in TV and film to his house for 12 days to make an adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing. For the uninitiated, Much Ado sees Hero (Jillian Morgese) and Claudio (Fran Kranz) falling madly in love, while their friends Beatrice (Amy Acker) and Benedick (Alexis Denisof) are quick to show their disdain for it and each other. Hilarity and calamity ensues, naturally. Much Ado About Nothing also stars Clark Gregg, Nathan Fillion, Sean Maher and Reed Diamond, amongst many others. After its success with critics at both the Glasgow and Toronto Film Festivals, it will see wide UK release on 14th June.

After Earth

Call me a cynic, but it’s times like these I wonder how M. Night Shyamalan still gets work. Nevertheless, the Will and Jaden Smith vehicle that is After Earth looks to be one of the bigger blockbusters of the summer. 1,000 years in the future, mankind has, “for a reason”, abandoned Earth. When father and son, Cypher and Kitai Raige (really?), crash land on the deserted planet, they face danger not only from the inclement weather, but the indigenous creatures that have adapted and evolved to kill humans. After Earth will be released on 7th June in the UK — it can’t be any worse than The Last Airbender, right?

The Bling Ring

The Bling Ring marks the return of Sofia Coppola, daughter of Francis and cousin to Nicolas Cage (!). Based on actual events, this brief first teaser highlights Emma Watson as the leader of a brat pack of teenagers who famously used the internet to track celebrities’ whereabouts so that they may raid their homes and steal their prized possessions, some of whom (Paris Hilton, Orlando Bloom, Rachel Bilson) are set to make appearances in the film. After the mediocre outing that was 2010’s SomewhereThe Bling Ring does actually look rather promising by comparison. A UK release date has yet to be announced, but it is set to hit France and the US in June.

Inside Llewyn Davis

And now a couple of trailers you might not have seen over the last couple of months: Inside Llewyn Davis is the new film from the double-headed directorial duo of Joel and Ethan Coen. It stars Oscar Isaac as a wayward, misanthropic folk singer trying to navigating his way through the musical landscape of New York during the 1960s. The Coens have assembled an eclectic mix of supporting players, featuring Carey Mulligan, Justin Timberlake, John Goodman and F. Murray Abraham. And, while there is no release date as yet, we expect Inside Llewyn Davis will be released sometime in the lead-up to the awards season in the closing months of this year.

The Place Beyond The Pines

Brace yourself, Ryan Gosling/Bradley Cooper fans, for this might be the clash of the titans you’ve all been waiting for. In The Place Beyond The Pines, The Gos reunites with director Derek Cianfrance in this cross-generational crime drama that pits a motorcycle stunt rider (Gosling) against an ambitious cop (Cooper) after he turns to robbing banks to provide for his girlfriend (Eva Mendes) and their newborn child. On a collision course, their conflict will affect their lives and families for years to come. The Place Beyond The Pines will be released on 12th April, and – on a personal note – it is by far one of my most anticipated films of this year.

Josh Franks

“The Only Connection I Have With The NUS Is My Card”

The Savoy's future is under threat