TGIS 9 Facebook

This week’s TGI Spotifriday is brought to you by Robert. Representing the more sombre of record collections, the theme of ‘death’ runs through this week’s TGI Spotifriday playlist. Glasvegas, with lead single “I’d Rather Be Dead (Than Be With You)”, will tour in June prior to the release of third album Later…When The TV Turns to Static. “All Night, Afloat”, an accomplished shoegaze-y track suggests a promising future for Nottingham locals Michael A Grammar. Currently targeting a comeback are post-Britpop’s forgotten men Embrace; expect a sixth LP fairly soon. One step ahead of them are Suede, who chose our very own Rock City to mark their recent return. Editors and Portishead are must-sees at Glastonbury this year, and David Bowie, who unfortunately will not be gracing the Pyramid Stage, needs no introduction. Having successfully completed their series of 3D shows at MoMA, electronic pioneers Kraftwerk are poised to further their return with a headline slot at this year’s Latitude Festival. “Viorar Vel Til Loftarasa” – “Good Weather for An Airstrike” for those not fluent in Icelandic – represents the pinnacle Nottingham has to offer this year as post-rock legends Sigur Rós (who will also headline this year’s End Of The Road Festival) take on the Capital FM Arena, and finishing the playlist on a brighter note is Coldplay’s “Death And All His Friends”, a song more uplifting than its title would suggest.

Sheriff of Spottingham: Robert Smith

Thank God It's Spotifriday #8

Thank God It's Spotifriday #10