We’ve all been there; it’s 9am on a Thursday morning and that all-nighter at Crisis has really taken its toll; not just on your mood, but also on your skin and overall appearance. You drag yourself into Uni to get to that early morning lecture which you just can’t miss and try not to catch sight of your appearance in too many reflective areas. It is impossible not to look a little dishevelled after a big night out, but there are definitely things you can do to ease the effects, starting with skincare and mak-eup.

03 pr-5-best-cleanser-kleenex-181011-79889655

The first thing to remember is no matter WHAT (or how many tequila shots you’ve drank) you should always try to muster up the strength to take off your clubbing face when you get in after a night out. You will feel so much better in the morning and you’ll be saving your skin an entire day (or possibly longer) of misery. If worst comes to worst, just grab a packet of makeup wipes (I like the extra soft Kleenex ones) and be done with it. If you’re really feeling ambitious, give your skin a little cleanse and then apply Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair. Although this stuff is pretty pricey, it is SO amazing at making you look like you’ve had a solid 8 hours of sleep. I honestly have never used anything like it, and no matter how tired or hungover I am I still manage to look rested the next day.

Moving away from the higher priced items, I would recommend a good concealer to hide those bags (and anything else) when it comes to applying your makeup the next morning. The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is only a few pounds from Boots, and its powers are endless. Applying a full coverage heavy foundation will get you nowhere, so a lighter foundation like Revlon’s Nearly Naked foundation or a BB cream (the Dr Jart one is amazing and gives you a tan!) is best. This will make sure your tired skin can breathe throughout the day and get back to its usual perky self. Apply some powder for any shine and a touch of blusher to brighten up your cheeks and your face makeup is good to go.

To brighten up eyes which may be tired, dull or bloodshot, I would recommend using a lengthening mascara like Benefit ‘They’re real’, and a pretty, brightening champagne coloured cream shadow like the Rimmel Scandeleyes shadow stick in ‘Bulletproof beige’. Alternatively, if your eyes are in a really bad way, grab a brightly coloured lipstick to distract the attention to this area. I like Maybelline’s Baby Lips in ‘Cherry Me’, or for a bolder colour, their Colour sensational Vivids range are rather appealing.

After spritzing on a bit of dry shampoo you should be ready to go! And if all else fails, remember to keep hydrated with lots of water…and grab a huge cooked breakfast- my proven method!

Becky Fearn

Image Credits: Hungover, Maybelline, Revlon, Kleenex

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Album Review: Nirvana - 'In Utero: 20th Anniversary Edition'

From the Mouth of Madness #1: An Ode to Psycho