In my eyes, Henry Holland has often been overlooked as a designer. Shooting to fame a few years back, his collections combine fun and flirty with edgy and unique, and any girl that sports his pieces inevitably becomes instantly cool.

The catwalk was surrounded by purple fluffy clouds and Harry Styles was there, but what really mattered about was that the clothes were outstanding. His new collection saw beautifully edgy tattooed ladies strutting down the catwalk in fabulous belted midi tea dresses and suited floral or checked co-ords; its inspiration lying in Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo and Juliet 1996 adaptation. Therefore like many of his peers, Holland threw back to the 90s and more specifically, LA in the 90s.

house-of-holland-ss14-review[2]

He gracefully toughened up pretty lace pieces with garish neon shiny accessories and pastel pieces with black tattoo-esque designs. The designer also managed to throw in a bit of animal print for good measure, and of course some neon tartan too.  The standout pieces had to be within his first ten looks in which he experimented with florals and fun modern prints. His purple pieces (which appeared later) also stood out; especially the cutesy lace shift which was sprinkled with red heart shaped buttons.

Henry_Holland_SS14_1

The brilliant thing about Henry Holland is that he isn’t afraid to do things a little differently. Instead of focusing on sophisticated, form fitting designs like others around him, he sticks to what he knows best: youthful, vibrant prints and edgy design. This ultimately puts his line at the top of the list for wearability; nearly every item showcased on his catwalk could be worn by an urban young hipster or cool 20 something woman on the high street. The Designer has truly evolved in the last few years and successfully adds his personal, unique touch to each ensemble he sends down his runway.

So there you have it, Henry Holland; king of cool.

Becky Fearn

LFW SS'14: Topshop Unique

NHL 2013/14 Set To Begin – Western Conference Preview

1. It has the like you read through my head! You appear to recognize a great deal of roughly this specific, that you wrote the particular book inside it as well. I’m sure for you to are able to do with a few p. c. in order to tension your message property a bit, but apart from that, that is excellent weblog. An excellent examine. I will easily be again.