One of the best bits about being able to attend London Fashion Week was undoubtedly taking a trip down to the Topshop Unique Show at Regents Park and doing a bit of celeb spotting whilst taking in all the amazing street style. Now, unfortunately I wasn’t actually INSIDE the venue for the show (one day…), but I can tell you that pretty much anyone else who is anyone was. Kate Moss, Suki Waterhouse, Daisy Lowe, Ellie Goulding and of course Anna Wintour were all there (to name a few). And with Cara and Jourdan on the runway, it was essentially it girl central.

Runway-Topshop-041

But on to the clothes: the Topshop Unique show was arguably one of the most anticipated shows throughout the 4 weeks, and for good reason: it was stunning. The beauty of the new collection lay in the fact that it took its viewers back to Topshop’s fun, youthful roots. The pieces were relaxed, androgynous and floated, whilst most of the outfits were dressed down further with flat shoes and beachy waves. Kate Phelan managed to design pieces which were not only pretty, but had an edge, and this is something I always associate with the Topshop global brand whichever direction it takes.

article-2421119-1BD65025000005DC-68_964x1315

My favourite looks were those which carried a 90s vibe and hung from the body. The v-neck strappy silk-look vests and slip dresses were incredibly delicate and beautiful, and were items which could (and will) easily be carried from catwalk to high street. Similarly, the low v-neck backs oozed sex appeal in a casual, androgynous way, whilst the denim pieces threw us back to decades far before our current time. Baggy shirt dresses and jumpsuits also made an appearance in a collection which seemingly could do no wrong. The makeup came in lashings of mascara and dark eyes, sheer light lips, bronzed skin and salted beachy waves. And the warpaint of choice? Topshop beauty, of course.

The collection finished with a barrage of white, and as Cara took to the catwalk to showcase the final look, models, actresses, socialites and editors alike all sighed unanimously in joy and relief; Topshop had done it again. Oh what I would have done to be in there.

Becky Fearn

TV Review - The Returned, Series 1

LFW SS'14: House of Holland