Keeping up with every new trailer can be a little tedious and time consuming, however, for us it is our favourite type of procrastination. So, we have sifted through the newest trailers, so that you can choose your next Orange Wednesday film wisely. So here’s the top 5 trailers we’re watching again and again.

American Hustle

I expect that as soon as you see the reunion of Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence after their collaboration in Silver Linings Playbook, which won Lawrence the best supporting actress role, you will already be putting this film to the front of your mental watch list. And that is before knowing that the cast also includes Christian Bale, Amy Adams and William Defoe. Undoubtedly, if you have any interest in the crime genre, this film is going to be unmissable for you.

300: Rise of an Empire

Fantasy action has historically been a genre directed at a more niche audience, but 300 director Zack Snyder changed audience opinion and expanded interest in the genre with his unique vision. Fans of 300 will be drawn back in with the intense graphics and comic-book style fight scenes as exhibited in the trailer. This time Snyder has only written the screenplay while the relatively unknown Noam Murro has been given the responsibility of living up to the expectations set by 300. Gerard Butler will also not be returning, but fear not, Lena Headey (Game of Thrones) is returning and is joined by new faces such as Eva Green.

Out of the Furnace

Another appearance from Christian Bale in our top 5 trailer releases. Out of the Furnace looks to be a dark and suspenseful thriller. Casey Affleck is a welcome addition to the cast as Bale’s younger, troublesome brother. As always, Bale’s performance as the older more hardworking of the pair, who must risk everything after Affleck disappears under mysterious crime related circumstances will not disappoint. Even if thrillers are not your thing, there is a good chance this trailer will win you over.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

This trailer shows that The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is either going to appeal to your tastes or else bore you to death. Although the film boasts both Ben Stiller and Kristen Wiig, the trailer shows little signs of the comic style you would associate the two with, however, this could be an intriguing step aside for both of them.

Robocop

A remake of the 80s classic, director Jose Padilha has a brilliant opportunity to not only updates the technology but also add more to the story itself. It will be interesting to see how much focus is put on the original and whether or not the original was not just product of its time.

Lucy O’Boyle

Follow Impact Film on Facebook & Twitter.

Live Review: Kagoule / Autobahn, Nation Of Shopkeepers, Leeds (25/09/13)

Album Review: Pins - Girls Like Us

1. Josh
    October 1, 2013 at 23:28 — Reply

Glad to see this is being kept up in my absence!