Dan: Who are you writing for?
Impact?
Dan: Oh I once wrote for Impact, great!
And the interview begins…

When do you think your turning point was with London Grammar?

Dan: Just came back from America that’s why we are a bit tired on our feet at the minute but its been fun.

I think it’s hard to pinpoint our turning point in the band, maybe the end of Summer, or up to the release of the album. It’s nice that now people have the album and know more than a couple of songs, and as well our venues are bigger, so yeah the album has made a huge difference.

I’m excited for Nottingham, the London shows make me nervous, so yer there’s something special about Rescue Rooms as obviously it’s where we met.

Which show are you most excited for on this tour?

Hannah I’m excited for Nottingham, the London shows make me nervous, so yer there’s something special about Rescue Rooms as obviously it’s where we met.

What bands did you go see whilst you were at Uni?

Dot:  I went to see Bonobo.
Dan: I saw Miike Snow, and I saw the NME Tour because Bombay were playing on it.

I remember Jake Bugg getting signed just before us? Saw him walking around the hotel in New York and he looked miserable!

Favourite Nottingham bands coming through at the moment?

Dan: There is a band called Amber who are on the Radio 1 playlist? Other bands like Childhood who formed at Uni. I remember Jake Bugg getting signed just before us? Saw him walking around the hotel in New York and he looked miserable!

Hannah: It’s hard to stay on top of the scene when we are on tour, but when you have dodgy wifi it’s not good, so I’m not that clued up!

What were your favourite nights out at Uni?

Dot: – Stealth.
Dan: – Market Bar, though Ocean is funny, you loved it didn’t you Dot? Did you guys ever go to Isis? It was a club a bit further out, near the poker club? Hannah how would you describe Isis?
Hannah: Any other night it was a full on strip club! It was known to be really dodgy, never go on a ‘non Uni’ night. I think someone got stabbed there? haha
Dan:  Really? Explains the bars I guess!

Did you ever do a Campus 14?

Dot and Hannah – No.
Dan – Yes, though I think I managed 4?

Why did you choose Bondax for the next tour?

Dan: It’s more of an academy tour, we want someone well established to fill that sized venue and they’re very young and talented so that’s basically why we chose them!

London Grammar play Nottingham Rock City on 31st January 2014.

Daniel Jones

Follow Impact Music on Twitter and Facebook

What I Don’t Get About Uni: Facebook

Obscure Sports Quarterly

1. Jenn
    January 21, 2014 at 19:19 — Reply

I can’t stop watching their video for “Strong.” This band is definitely one to follow this year! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDwmeT70e5c