The latest news from Vogue House is that Kate Moss, supermodel, mother and style maverick has a new job title – Vogue contributing editor. Having graced the pages of Vogue more times than she has graced the pages of the tabloids it is fair to say that she is a Vogue veteran. This time the tables will be turned and Moss will be the one doing the styling.

With collaborations with Longchamp and Topshop already under her belt, Moss is upping her game, and will find her new place on the masthead alongside the likes of Alexa Chung, Christa D’Souza, Kate Phelan and Bay Garnett. As the woman who got us all squeezing into skinny jeans, scouring the vintage shops of Brick Lane for fur coats and smudging our eye-liner like our lives depended on it, she has certainly got the style credentials for the role and is certainly a voice of authority we will be more than happy to listen to.

Alexandra Shulman, editor in chief of British Vogue, seems to be just as excited as we are, saying: “Her undoubtedly brilliant sense of style, depth of fashion knowledge and understanding of what makes a wonderful image will be exciting to see on the pages of British Vogue. I am really looking forward to working with her on ideas.”

Moss and Vogue are inseparable, and this fashion marriage looks unlikely to end

It could be said that Kate’s new job at Vogue is the inevitable result of a more informal collaboration with the magazine which has spanned her entire career. First appearing on the cover 1993 she has since appeared on more than 30 other covers. Whether it’s in editorial shoots, cover stories, parties or her new creative role, Moss and Vogue are inseparable, and this fashion marriage looks unlikely to end. Kate’s styling debut as contributing editor will appear in the upcoming spring issue of Vogue.

Emma Willey

Follow Impact Style on Twitter and Facebook

Image: Vogue.com

Naked Calendars: Bad Taste or Artistic Philanthropy?

Prospect Of UK Universities Increasing Unconditional Offers