It’s an important time for applying for grad schemes, internships or even a Christmas job. We’ve picked the essential bits for looking your best and giving an excellent first impression. Employers will look for someone who is well-groomed and polished so even if you don’t normally wear much make up, it’s a good idea to make an effort as you’ll feel confident on landing that important job. Don’t have any interviews? No problem, the products we’ve chosen are perfect for any daytime occasion where you want to feel your best on a budget:

Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Concealer (Boots, £3.99). It’s a good idea to make sure you get a decent eight hours sleep before a big event but if you’ve been up all night worrying, this concealer contains light-diffusing particles that brighten anywhere that looks tired and dull. The handy pen design means that you can pop it in your bag and apply on the go.

make up 2

Essie Nail Polish in Chinchilly (Superdrug, £7.99). Well manicured nails are a must and this cool grey colour blended with soft cream is the perfect neutral colour that is different from the old fashioned French manicure but not too bold.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Superdrug, £3.99). This helps combat shine during the day and will definitely be a must-have if you get hot and bothered from nerves.

Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation (Boots, £7.99). For foundation, you want it to look as natural as possible. This foundation gives the perfect amount of coverage with a natural looking finish so your skin feels smooth and looks glowing.

make up 5

The Body Shop Vanilla Body Mist (The Body Shop, £7.50). Carry this in your handbag and you’re guaranteed to smell good throughout the day. These come in lots of different scents and last ages. At this price you don’t have to feel guilty every time you spray it for a pick me up.

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Brown (Superdrug, £7.99).To save you worrying about eyeliner smudging, use a gel eyeliner. This will last all day and the brown colour provides subtle definition as opposed to a harsh black.

make up 7

Benefit They’re Real Mascara (Boots. £19.50). For long, thick lashes this mascara is the best one I’ve found. Make sure you have a decent make up remover as it doesn’t budge.

Ella Ryder

Images: stevendepolo, boots.com

For more from Impact Style follow us on Twitter @ImpactStyle or find us on Facebook

Have A Little Faith: The Case For England

Destined To Be Happily Married?