pushs_vlm_marant_678f4

Lovechild of a poet and a rock star, Isabel Marant’s SS14 collection purveys the same effortless cool that we have grown to love along with a good dose of romanticism and toughness. Soft delicate blush frills, sequinned jackets, sharp tailoring, rivet-studded boots and slashed hemlines are all synonymous with an Isabel Marant collection but have once again been reinvented by the master of casual chic. With her high-street label for H&M on the horizon and expectations high, Marant had a tough audience to please.

im

Black blazers and raw edged jackets were slung nonchalantly over white broderie anglaise mini-dresses whose versatility would allow them to be as much at home on the streets of Paris as prancing through waist high meadows daisy chains in tow. Dusky pink shorts, paper-bag waist trousers in cream and juxtaposing black patent leather add a touch of slouchy sophistication and a degree of ease and confidence. Black ankle boots came adorned with rows of rivets and were doused with attitude and sex appeal, just enough to counterbalance the soft prairie florals and wafer thin layers of gauzy petal-coloured fabric.

Untitled

With a nod to the romantics, feminine pink tiered dresses fluttered down the runway whilst the beautiful folds and frills on the shoulders of delicate tops and blouses paired beautifully with white cut off capris with lacing down to the ankle which added just enough folky spirit to the collection. When you think Marant couldn’t possibly incorporate another trend into her already incredible diverse, yet wearable collection, out comes the laser cut white sleeveless jacket, the epitome of oversized sports luxe. But of course you can rely on Marant to mix things up a bit…why team sports luxe with the usual sporty shapes or a heeled trainer when you it can be teamed with the most delicate blouse and of course the killer black hardware-clad heels?

ime

But meet the embellished jacket,- a piece that will soon be as coveted as the iconic Birkin and the infamous Marks and Spencer pink coat. A web of adornment with crunchy beads and jewels, this statement piece is synonymous with luxury, decadence and glamour but with peek-a-boo holes and a slouchy shape it will be sure to wow whilst giving the sense that really it was just something you slung on…Genius!

Emma Willey

PFW SS'14: Celine

Behind the Scenes: Ocean