The winter chill has crept up on us these past few weeks, bringing with it the dark mornings of rushing around in the cold before that dreaded 9am lecture. Doing your hair, make-up and all the rest, to be greeted with a snowstorm, thunderstorm and a hurricane whilst undertaking that treacherous walk to university.

You walk shamefully up the steps, your shoes squelching with every step because of that forgotten hole in the bottom of your boot from last Winter. You finally sit down feeling tired, defeated and somewhat hypothermic and with a strong sense of ‘why did I even bother doing my hair and make-up this morning?’

Well perhaps the bad weather can’t be changed in sunny England, but those cold Winter walks can be made that little bit easier with just a few simple wardrobe enhancements. Bin those broken boots and push those sweet tan dolly shoes, strappy crop tops and flip flops towards the back of your wardrobes until next Summer to make room for your two top Autumn/Winter Essentials.

tweed coat

First up is this gorgeous grey tweed fit and flare coat from Dorothy Perkins, bang on trend for Winter this year. For a pretty dashing £69, this beautiful coat is great value. The piece is very well-made, sure to survive not only this Winter but many more to come, and the tailoring will compliment almost any body shape, showing off the best assets of your figure, nipping and tucking in all of the right places. However, If this one isn’t doing it for you, Dorothy Perkins have an excellent range of winter coats this year, and many are also available in petite sizes, brilliant for the little ladies.

Next up, is boots. These are THE most difficult item to find, especially this year where almost every range either have a cut-out style or are suede; not practical for the English weather. But these divine tan ankle boots are totally in this season, with the gold metal trim on the front and back, a feature you will be seeing all over the high street. Along with the leather look style and mini-heel, these metal plates enhance the durability of the shoe, ensuring that the rain and snow is kept well clear from getting your socks wet. To make these an even better buy, they come in at only £24.99 from New Look, a perfect price on our meagre student budgets.

tan boots

Image Credits:

www.trekearth.com
www.dorothyperkins.com
www.newlook.com

Heather Corser

5 Signs You've Settled into University Halls

Impact Visits: Gamecity 8