Three episodes in and the stakes are higher than ever. The first major death is looming over the horizon – but when will it strike? And who will be its victim?

After two episodes of introducing and building up the season, The Walking Dead season 4 is now in full flow. With multiple beloved characters seriously ill (including one of the five remaining Originals), the episode was packed with tension. A team led by Daryl are out searching for medicine, but even if they find some, not everyone will make it out of next week’s episode alive. And if it’s anything like this week’s, we’re in for some tense viewing.

HershelWith a significant amount of the characters sick and quarantined at the Prison, and the rest of the cast desperately trying to figure out how to stop the infection from spreading (Hershel in particular having some epic moments with his: “You step outside, you risk your life… the only thing you can choose is what you’re risking it for” speech), most of the action came from the small group of Daryl, Michonne, Tyreese and Bob, sent out to try and scavenge some antibiotics.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the amount of ‘bad-ass’ present in a group consisting of Daryl, Michonne AND Tyreese?

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the amount of ‘bad-ass’ present in a group consisting of Daryl, Michonne AND Tyreese? (Bob, you’re new, but I’m sure you’re very cool too. We just haven’t seen it yet.) We were treated to the biggest herd of Walkers ever seen on the show, and a truly epic action sequence which showed just how far these characters have come survival-wise since the start of the show. Remember when Tyreese couldn’t fire a gun straight? Just look at him now.

Remember when Tyreese couldn’t fire a gun straight? Just look at him now.

This also follows one of themes the show seems to be pushing forward this season: that the Walkers are still a threat. It had gotten to the point where the Walkers just seemed to be there to be killed, but not anymore. Now there are more of them, and they not only seem more dangerous but look a lot grosser too. Kudos to the make-up team.

Daryl and MichonneThe episode ended with the reveal of the mystery of Karen’s killer (although, if you’d been paying attention throughout the episode you probably worked it out beforehand), and, well… I wasn’t expecting that. She said it was to protect the group, to try and stop the infection from spreading – which does fit in with her character – but still… this is going to have serious repercussions. Tyreese is ready to kill the person who killed his girlfriend, but what will he do if or when he finds out the truth? And how will Daryl react? This could potentially be big enough to trigger a split in the group. But the producers obviously did it for a reason, so we’ll just have to sit back and wait until next week to find out.

Lucy Irvine

What did you think of The Walking Dead, Season 4 Episode 3? Let us know via Facebook & Twitter.

Caught on Campus: 6/11/2013

UoN Competitive Societies Request To Be Grouped With AU Societies For Funding

1. amin

I love you walking ded. Frame iran

2. November 7, 2013 at 22:59 — Reply

omg ilove this T.V show